Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding to Queue Duplicates Song

Solved!

Adding to Queue Duplicates Song

I have a premium family plan, US.

Every time I add a song to the queue (when dragging, usually from a playlist, into the queue icon in the lower right) it always adds two instances. This happens on multiple computers, all Mac, for me. Here's a gif of the issue:

spotify.gif

Please let me know if there's any further information/specs I can provide!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Ganglegasm,

What a peculiar issue! I just checked on my Mac, and this isn't happening for me. Is this happening only when dragging songs to the queue? If you right-click (or ctrl-click) and choose "add to queue," does it add two instances of the song? Also, is this only happening on Mac? 

Thanks for providing the video, that is really helpful! If you could, please provide me the specific devices this is happening on, your OS versions, and your Spotify versions. 

In the meantime, here are some quick things you should try: 

-restart the app

-logging out of the app and then back in (either on the app individually or you can sign out everywhere on your Spotify account page)

-restart the devices 

-clean reinstall of the app

Hopefully one  of these will work! If not, please get back to me with the specifications I listed, and we'll go from there! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Ganglegasm,

What a peculiar issue! I just checked on my Mac, and this isn't happening for me. Is this happening only when dragging songs to the queue? If you right-click (or ctrl-click) and choose "add to queue," does it add two instances of the song? Also, is this only happening on Mac? 

Thanks for providing the video, that is really helpful! If you could, please provide me the specific devices this is happening on, your OS versions, and your Spotify versions. 

In the meantime, here are some quick things you should try: 

-restart the app

-logging out of the app and then back in (either on the app individually or you can sign out everywhere on your Spotify account page)

-restart the devices 

-clean reinstall of the app

Hopefully one  of these will work! If not, please get back to me with the specifications I listed, and we'll go from there! 

Hi!

The logout/login solution seemed to work. Not sure what was happening there. You'd think I would have thought of that... Thanks again!

-Matt

Hey Matt,

I'm so glad that it was able to be fixed with relogging! Happy listening, and have a great rest of your day!

-Dani 

Hello,
I wanted to say that I have the same problem when I drag some songs into the queue, it's problem that I had for a long time now and indeed most of the time when i relog it fixes the problem but it happens really often and it's a little bit annoying so that would be great if the problem was fixed

Thanks!

Suggested posts