Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code: auth:3

Solved!

Error code: auth:3

Ok so-

I've tried for AGES now to login on a new profile and this is all I get:

FIX THIS.png

Now my question is: How do I fix this? I've tried every damned thing under the sun+moon, day+night, and NOT ONE of the MULTIPLE "solutions" ended up working.

I'm on an old, 2012 iMac btw.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved the problem by editing the host file.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aJ1zy7ryrk

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Several users have suggested solutions which seem to be working for some of you. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to give them a try.

If those didn't work for you, we wanted to let you know that we're investigating this issue in a separate thread - we'll make sure to keep you posted there with any updates.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there @OctoVeemo2020

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. 

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

That did NOT give me any sort of help at ALL-

Mee to i have this problem, i have reinstalled spotify but not solved!!!

• Immagine.png
  • Help me!!!☹️
Marked as solution

I solved the problem by editing the host file.

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aJ1zy7ryrk

I solved the problem with a similar method, for those who want to load the file to be replaced: Disk (c) - windows - system32 - drivers - etc

Hi Sirox I just wanted to say thank you so much because it actually has solved the issue. Once again, thanks a lot man.

i tried doing what all the comments told me but like nothing worked and I'm getting frustrated 😠

Problem Solved!

Just instead of downloading it from the website try downloading it from the miscrosoft store. It solved my problem.

delete app to your pc and all archives "spotify", after reinstall app or in microsoft store and paste the file in archive . Link to file up.

Honestly, Thank you so much. I couldn't get Spotify to work at all and I was even considering reinstalling windows. You have saved me a lot of time and for that, I thank you

If you still have a problem, I would download the zip file provided above, extract it then delete the host file in system32 and replace it with the newly extracted one. Hope it helps!

Holy Crapoli! This actually worked. Well. I just deleted the host file and that did the trick! Thank you all!

Ive tried everything I could think of. It's not working. Someone please help.

thank u bro i tyr everything but it's didn'T work , at last i try your document and it worked thank u again soo much
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Several users have suggested solutions which seem to be working for some of you. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to give them a try.

If those didn't work for you, we wanted to let you know that we're investigating this issue in a separate thread - we'll make sure to keep you posted there with any updates.

Cheers!

Suggested posts