Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Feed not updating correctly

Solved!

Friend Feed not updating correctly

Hey, I try to check what my friends hearing every single day. But i can't do it, because it's say "Hmm, friend feed failed to load", are there someone who also have this problem? Or some good guys there wanna help me. I have had this problem in 3 months, and i'm beeing more angry on spotify every time i see this message. I payed for premium, and got a follower of spotify for long time, so why should this go on for me? (check the photo to see how the problem is looking)

Im on Macbook Air, i tried a lot of things that you dont wont to think about how much time i used.

Christian.

Skærmbillede 2018-08-01 kl. 16.46.09.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Christian2b,

Sorry for the delay! 🙂

I can suggest you something that might help you 🙂

Just follow the steps below:

You can search for Terminal using Spotlight or by selecting it in Finder.

1. Open a Finder window.
  2. Select Applications from the sidebar.

Open Finder, then click on Applications

3. Double-click on Utilities.
  4. Double-click Terminal.

Double-click on Utilities, then double-click on Terminal

In the Terminal window, you will need to enter a command to open the Nano text editor. You will need your administrator password, as well.

1. Type sudo nano /etc/hosts and then hit return.
  2. Enter your administrator password and then hit return.

Enter enter Nano Text Editor in Terminal

You're now in the Nano text editor. You should see something that looks like this:

Map the IP address in the Nano text editor

If you want to add a new device or domain, move the cursor using the arrow keys and position it after the text in the window. Then, begin typing 🙂
I'll help you skip the typing part, just copy and paste the following addresses there for Spotify 😉
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net

Once you're done, hold down the Command and O keys to save the file, then Command and Q to exit.

If the terminal is not for you I got another way of doing it.
Again just follow me:

To find the hosts file, open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location and press Return.

520131215_edithostsfileosx_1.jpg
A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. This will let you freely edit the file.
620131215_edithostsfileosx_2.jpg
To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit (or the text editor of your choice). By default, the hosts file is relatively simple. It contains a number of lines of descriptive text which are “commented out” with the pound or number sign (#). For each line, any text after the pound sign is ignored by the computer, making it a good way to add notes and descriptions to your files. It also contains default IP values for localhost and broadcasthost. To edit the file, you’ll add your own lines after broadcasthost.
720131215_edithostsfileosx_3.jpg

Again, just copy and paste the following addresses there for Spotify and save the changes 😉

If you ever make a mistake or want to change it back and you’re not sure how to fix it, you can always restore the default hosts file contents by using one of the methods above to enter the following default information:
##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1                   localhost

255.255.255.255   broadcasthost

::1                              localhost

fe80::1%lo0            localhost

One last thing!
Back at the command line, type sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder then type return. That will flush your Mac's DNS cache, so it doesn't get confused by any changes you've made to the Hosts file.

sudo-killall-mac-screenshot.jpg

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Note: Please don't forget to check this thread as many users have this issue too and Spotify is investigatin it already. Just keep yourself updated on it 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thanks for answer, but your first sulotion can i not getting to work, i only have a few files on it, i also tried to delete spotify things on my mac earlier today, but check the pictures downbelow for see the only files i got about spotify(Yes i searched in alle files on the mac)

Skærmbillede 2018-08-01 kl. 17.23.20.png

Hey @Christian2b,

Sorry as it may sound repetitive but please make sure you followed these steps:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

Sry, i can't find that folder "library" and i have tried to search on "caches" and there i found a folder were there is nothing in. And if i search on com.spotify.client, i can't find anything. ;(

My version on this mac is: MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Hey @Christian2b,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

I found these 2 articles that might help you find those folders: 1 & 2

I found all the files, and deleted it, and downloaded again, and i doesnt work, earlier on the day i tried log in on my sister computer on my spotify account, and it worked for her, she has a Lenovo

Do you think i could be some files there block the permissions for loading friend feed? Or are there nothing to do? 😞

Marked as solution

Hey @Christian2b,

Sorry for the delay! 🙂

I can suggest you something that might help you 🙂

Just follow the steps below:

You can search for Terminal using Spotlight or by selecting it in Finder.

1. Open a Finder window.
  2. Select Applications from the sidebar.

Open Finder, then click on Applications

3. Double-click on Utilities.
  4. Double-click Terminal.

Double-click on Utilities, then double-click on Terminal

In the Terminal window, you will need to enter a command to open the Nano text editor. You will need your administrator password, as well.

1. Type sudo nano /etc/hosts and then hit return.
  2. Enter your administrator password and then hit return.

Enter enter Nano Text Editor in Terminal

You're now in the Nano text editor. You should see something that looks like this:

Map the IP address in the Nano text editor

If you want to add a new device or domain, move the cursor using the arrow keys and position it after the text in the window. Then, begin typing 🙂
I'll help you skip the typing part, just copy and paste the following addresses there for Spotify 😉

Once you're done, hold down the Command and O keys to save the file, then Command and Q to exit.

If the terminal is not for you I got another way of doing it.
Again just follow me:

To find the hosts file, open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location and press Return.

520131215_edithostsfileosx_1.jpg
A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. This will let you freely edit the file.
620131215_edithostsfileosx_2.jpg
To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit (or the text editor of your choice). By default, the hosts file is relatively simple. It contains a number of lines of descriptive text which are “commented out” with the pound or number sign (#). For each line, any text after the pound sign is ignored by the computer, making it a good way to add notes and descriptions to your files. It also contains default IP values for localhost and broadcasthost. To edit the file, you’ll add your own lines after broadcasthost.
720131215_edithostsfileosx_3.jpg

Again, just copy and paste the following addresses there for Spotify and save the changes 😉

If you ever make a mistake or want to change it back and you’re not sure how to fix it, you can always restore the default hosts file contents by using one of the methods above to enter the following default information:
##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1                   localhost

255.255.255.255   broadcasthost

::1                              localhost

fe80::1%lo0            localhost

One last thing!
Back at the command line, type sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder then type return. That will flush your Mac's DNS cache, so it doesn't get confused by any changes you've made to the Hosts file.

sudo-killall-mac-screenshot.jpg

Note: Please don't forget to check this thread as many users have this issue too and Spotify is investigatin it already. Just keep yourself updated on it 🙂

Got daim you are a legend man, love you m8.

It works now with the friends in the bar.

But i have the last question, now the terminal is stock, i tried many things for try to close it, and i dont know how. 

But thanks for all your help and time, respect<3

Thank you man, you are a really nice man, love you for helping me, respect.

Im really happy for it works now, but i got a last problem, and thats how i close the terminal now, its stock and i tried many things now.

Thanks!<3

Hey @Christian2b,

Really happy that you solved it! 🎉

Just use the Activity Monitor or simpy use the Force Quit menu from the Apple Menu in your Menu Bar, a lot of menus 😄

Just remember, I'm…

https://open.spotify.com/track/40wFAseXr2d6XhCm0Il5R7

Suggested posts