Solved!

Help with playing on multiple devices data usage

Plan

Free

Country India

Device - Iphone 5s / Macbook air

Operating System Latest on both

My Question or Issue

I was listening to Spotify on the cellphone and opened the app on the mac. It shows me what's playing on the phone. But I'm worried about if it's streaming from the WIFI connection that the Mac is connected to? I'm using office wifi on the mac and personal data on the phone. I want to avoid using the office wifi to stream. What's the best way to go about this?

I was listening to Spotify on the cellphone and opened the app on the mac. It shows me what's paying on the phone. But I'm worried about if it's streaming from the WIFI connection that the Mac is connected to? I'm using ofiice wifi on the mac and personal data on the phone. I want to avoid using the office wifi to stream. What's the best way to go about this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @alienmafia_07 ! 🙂
It sounds like you are seeing the Spotify Connect feature in action since both apps are online. Technically, the app can only stream from one source at a time - not both at once. When you log into the desktop version, you are seeing the option to switch sources. So if your phone is the source that is currently playing, the desktop is not actively using the WIFI to stream unless you redirect the source.

This should be found in the bottom right corner - which would then allow you to switch to desktop in your device list.
I hope this helped clear things up! Have a wonderful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

Capture.JPG
1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @alienmafia_07 ! 🙂
It sounds like you are seeing the Spotify Connect feature in action since both apps are online. Technically, the app can only stream from one source at a time - not both at once. When you log into the desktop version, you are seeing the option to switch sources. So if your phone is the source that is currently playing, the desktop is not actively using the WIFI to stream unless you redirect the source.

This should be found in the bottom right corner - which would then allow you to switch to desktop in your device list.
I hope this helped clear things up! Have a wonderful day! 🙂

Capture.JPG

Suggested posts