Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Importing Local File: Podcast with PLAYBACK SPEED

Importing Local File: Podcast with PLAYBACK SPEED

How can I import podcasts that I have as .mp3 files into spotify's Local Files area?

I would like the option to change playback speed as well as the buttons to change from next/previous song to +/- 15s while listening to the podcasts on my iPhone.

Additionally the syncing across devices has a lot of issues and was required to connect to my mobile hotspot for it to eventually work.

Premium

USA

Device

iPhone 13 pro max, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Operating System

Latest versions of both devices

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hi there @12179280480,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for sharing your feedback.

We can confirm that any file that you upload as Local files will be categorized as a music track, which means that you won't get the podcast controls.

There's currently an idea - [Local Files][Podcasts] Allow option for local files to be labelled as Podcast episodes. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Just to confirm - does everything work as it should now regarding the syncing between your devices? Sometimes it helps with a simple restart of the router.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, 

The link for this doesn't work,

How can we try to push this feature for voting again? 

Suggested posts