Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac: Spotify Helper not responding

Solved!

Mac: Spotify Helper not responding

I've noticed over the past couple months at least that in my Activity Monitor one of the Spotify Helpers is constantly Not Responding. I force quit and it appears again. The desktop app works, but seems slow and I'm wondering if this might be the reason. Anyone else with the same problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Statement from a Spotify developer:

"The issue is that the embedded Chromium we use to render our views doesn't respond to the operating system's polling for activity, so it just shows up in the Activity Monitor as 'Not Responding', but it should work just fine. This should get fixed at some point, but it's not a real issue, just an issue of how it's displayed in the Activity Monitor."

So it shouldn't be the reason why Spotify is running slowly for you.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @sevensix 

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Spotify community!

Sorry to read that you're having this difficulty but no fear together we'll help out 🙂 The first thing to try would be a clean reinstall, following the exact steps here!

Hope that helps out but feel free to let us know otherwise.

Hi @Jason !

Thanks for the tip - I did a clean install but the problem persists. A minute or two after launching the newly installed Spotify one of the helpers went red (Not Responding) again. Any other ideas?

Marked as solution

Statement from a Spotify developer:

"The issue is that the embedded Chromium we use to render our views doesn't respond to the operating system's polling for activity, so it just shows up in the Activity Monitor as 'Not Responding', but it should work just fine. This should get fixed at some point, but it's not a real issue, just an issue of how it's displayed in the Activity Monitor."

So it shouldn't be the reason why Spotify is running slowly for you.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey thanks, immensely helpful.

Suggested posts