[Mac] UI bug

Solved!

[Mac] UI bug

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro early 2017

Operating System: MacOS High Sierra

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone,

I'm not entirely sure this is a bug or a feature of the new version of Spotify, but I want to report this as I find it quite annoying when using the app on MacOS.

When I pass the cursor through my playlists, the left sidebar enlarges and shrinks to show the creator of those playlists. It doesn't seem to affect the experience at first, but it has been really annoying because the left sidebar is always moving each time I move my cursor on my playlists. Before, it showed 3 dots if the playlist's name was too large (which is perfectly reasonable and I believe a better solution), but now it keeps on jumping and changing the UI just to accommodate the name of the creator of the playlist.

Here are some pictures. I can also make a gif in case you think it better illustrates the issue:

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-08, às 18.55.48.pngCaptura de ecrã 2018-07-08, às 18.55.38.png

Is this a feature or a bug? I honestly think it has a negative impact on user experience.

All the best,

Rui

Captura de ecrã 2018-07-08, às 18.55.38.png
Captura de ecrã 2018-07-08, às 18.55.48.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Edit: Could you tell me when did it start happening? Could you also try to have a friend log into Spotify in your device or use another account you might have to see if the issue persists?

If possible could you please try it on a different device to see if you have any trouble.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Edit: Could you tell me when did it start happening? Could you also try to have a friend log into Spotify in your device or use another account you might have to see if the issue persists?

If possible could you please try it on a different device to see if you have any trouble.

Hi LorenXK!

Thank you so much for your support! I followed your instructions and did a clean reinstallation of the app. It worked! Now the bug doesn't show up anymore and the interface behaves normally.

Thank you for your time, it really helped!

Really happy that you solved this issue!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0Q95QAw0HKaykvMZA3tMOb

Suggested posts