Premium Duo

Country

Belarus

Device

(MacBook Pro, M1)

Operating System

(MacOS Big Sur, v. 11.2.3)

My Question or Issue

Spotify crashes after changing the connected device.

1. Open Spotify.

2. Click on the 'Device Available' icon and select any device. (In my case, I've been selected Sonos, music played via Spotify Connect).

3. Let the music play for a while.

4. Click again on the 'Device Available' icon.

Actual Result: Spotify app crashes after clicking on the 'Device Available' icon.

This happens every time while you listening to music and then you needed to switch the device.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Elizqa,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and you can enjoy your favorite jams again.

If you questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @Elizqa

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there @Eni! I have already reinstalled the app. Unfortunately, I have no ability to try another internet connection. But now Spotify crashes not only when it connected to Sonos. I listened to music yesterday (approximately near 8pm), today I woke up my Mac, and the app was crashed. I attached an error code in .zip file.

Hey @Elizqa,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We couldn't check the file. Could you try sending us a video recording or a screenshot of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

In case the issue persists, we'd suggest you try running the app in safe mode to check if anything changes.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi there! 2 days passed and there were no crashes again. I don't know what happens. Thank you for your quick answers and good support.

Marked as solution

Hey @Elizqa,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and you can enjoy your favorite jams again.

If you questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Hi there! After the update today Spotify started crashing again when I change the divice.

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C4mgi491XUy528UOJd81ofZGSoqp2XQR/view?usp=sharing)

Hey @Elizqa,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's rather odd that the issue is intermittent. One possibility is that the update replaced a corrupted app file, that has since gotten damaged again. Could you make sure that the app has all permissions enabled and is exclude from any battery or storage optimization services? It's also a good idea to check your hosts file for Spotify entries and run a clean reinstall once more. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

If that doesn't fix things, we'd like to test a few scenarios in order to better understand what's happening. Does this happen only when you're connecting to your Sonos speakers? How about when you use Connect to control playback on another device, e.g. a smartphone? Also, does it work the other way around - when you control playback on your MacBook through your phone?

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts