Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Macbook Pro late 2012

Operating System

MacOS Catalina

This problem has started recently. Music continues playing after my bluetooth headphone disconnects. It was ok before. My headphones are Powerbeats 2. Thanks for the help!

3 Replies

Hey @bozkan - help's here!

Do you mind first confirming for us that this is only happening when listening to Spotify on your desktop?

You can check this by opening another app on desktop which uses audio and seeing if you can reproduce the issue on there.

If you're sure it's only happening with Spotify, do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the app and letting us know if that solves the issue for you?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Yes this is happening to me as well. It would be great if this was fixed. As soon as I disconnect bluetooth headphones from my computer, it will start blaring the track that I had been listening to on the desktop Spotify app (MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, Spotify 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5). I really think it should pause the music on disconnect of the paired bluetooth headphones.

The phone app does this correctly. When I disconnect my earbuds (place them in their charge hub), my iPhone Spotify does pause.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
Spotify 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5

Hey there @ofnoise,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can try the following:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts