Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Now Playing View Overrides Friend Activity When Switching Playlist

Now Playing View Overrides Friend Activity When Switching Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro M1 2020

Operating System

Mac OS 13 (latest update)

My Question or Issue

I just got this new "Now Playing View" update and once again like all previous updates it feels like this wasn't even freaking tested. I usually use the Friend Activity tracker on the right, rather than this new feature. Ok, I turned this feature off. I turn on Friend Activity. I change to a different playlist and play a song, and it freaking reverts back to the new Now Playing View again on the sidebar. Pretty much overriding the changes I made, this is getting pretty frustrating. Especially with the price hike every update is just itching me closer to youtube music, this is getting annoying now. When will this be fixed, With every playlist change I have to redo these stupid ass steps. Why wasn't this tested at all??? What is the point??

3 Replies

I really hope there's enough of us with this problem,  that they'll make it an option to "pin" or just leave friends activity visible. 

I would love to not have to toggle back to friends activity after every time I click on something different to listen to. 

• The Now Playing View sidebar will open up on the right side of the app by default when you start playback, but you can disable this behavior under Settings ➜ Display ➜ Show the now-playing panel on click of play.

Thank you! That was not available a couple weeks ago.

Suggested posts