Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Option to change output speaker

Option to change output speaker

Why is there no option to change which output audio device Spotify plays on?  The audio always plays on whatever the system-wide default is, but I want to specify that it plays on a specific set of speakers.  Surely it's standard for audio applications to have this option?  I can specify this in Audacity, VLC, Zoom etc., but why not Spotify?

3 Replies

Hey @markshep,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We don't currently have the option to select a different output device as the Spotify app will always play on the one you have selected in your Audio settings on your PC. To check how to change the default output device on your PC, we'd recommend checking this guide (for Windows) or this one (for Mac).

However, if you're referring to an external device, you can use the Connect feature to play your music from an external speaker connected via Wi-Fi to the same network, or Bluetooth to your device.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm aware of the ability to play on smart speakers (Sonos etc.), but wanted to have the output of Spotify go to Bluetooth speakers that are paired to the computer while keeping the default system output be the internal speakers of the computer.  That way I can have music playing on the speakers in the room, but have system notification sounds just coming out of the computer and thus not interrupting the music.

How can I submit this as a feature request?

Hey @markshep,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That's why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion.

If you think other users might also like it, you can go ahead and submit an idea on the relevant idea board, just make sure to familiarize yourself with the Idea Exchange Guidelines linked here.  We always take new ideas into consideration to improve the app. 

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts