Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extremely long, and it is difficult to find a particular artist.
148 Replies

I agree. I do not understand why it is not possible to sort all those wonderful playlists that we create or follow in alphabetical order.  It is also deeply puzzling that Spotify has marked the case as closed without providing an explanation. I love Spotify but the longer I stay a premium subscriber, the longer my playlist list grows, and the more this becomes a serious issue for me.

Urgent!! Playlist in alphabetical order

To clarify, this thread is not about sorting SONGS within the playlists, it's about sorting the playlists. On the desktop version, there is a section for Playlists, and all of them are in random order. Same if you click on a song and click to add them to a playlist. They are in random order and you have to scroll through all of your playlists to find the one you want to add the song to. Sorting is available via the mobile app, but doesn't seem to be a feature on the desktop, which is pretty puzzling! 

@meridith

The idea board link that you posted is not for sorting playlists, it is for sorting songs and artists within a playlist. We want to be able to sort playlists (under Playlists) by title (alphbetical, etc) on the Desktop version. It's an option through the mobile app, but not the desktop (it's been over 6 years since this post was created, with 12 pages of comments requesting this! Now, I am paying for Premium as are many others, and still no option. Why not? Can you please send the correct link to vote on this feature in the Idea forum?

Six years later and still crickets from Spotify management on putting the playlists in alphabetical order on the desktop version.

Once you click on the link below, your playlist on your desktop will be in alphabetical order........Does not work on your cell phone however

You can click here to install the Spotify app.

Then, in the desktop app, you can drag and drop to change the track order of any playlist you’ve created. You can also do this with “collaborative” playlists.

Tapping the column headings (“TRACK” “ARTIST” etc.) of other playlists you run across on Spotify also lets you sort the order you hear those tracks.

We hope this helps you organize your playlists to your heart’s content. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Once you click on the link below, your song within each playlist on your desktop will be in alphabetical order........Does not work on your cell phone however and will not alphabetize your playlists, which is no big deal to me, since I do not have that many playlists.......It is a much bigger deal if you can not do so with the songs in each list, since you can not find the song you might want to play.

You can click here to install the Spotify app.

Then, in the desktop app, you can drag and drop to change the track order of any playlist you’ve created. You can also do this with “collaborative” playlists.

Tapping the column headings (“TRACK” “ARTIST” etc.) of other playlists you run across on Spotify also lets you sort the order you hear those tracks.

We hope this helps you organize your playlists to your heart’s content. Let us know if you have any more questions.

We're not talking about alphabetizing the songs within a playlist, we're
talking about alphabetizing the playlists themselves. I glad it's no big
deal to you, but I have well over a hundred playlists, so it matters to me
and to quite a few others paying for premium subscriptions, as I'm sure
you've noticed by now.

So basically, you're telling me if you are a paying premium customer and have a huge number of playlists because you are a music lover with eclectic and diversified tastes, Spotify couldn't care less about you. We'll get no help from you, no matter how simple providing that help ought to be technologically.

Estoy de acuerdo contingo, mi ingles es malo. Lo siento!! Saludos.

I agree with you. My English is not very good. I'm sorry!!

Best regards

There is only one answer after 6 years of complaints...Spotify is NOT
listening...

Gracias por aceptar conmigo.

Exactly!!!

This is for me a serious issue and this is why I stick to Apple Music. As long as this feature is not in Spotify I refuse to subscribe for a paid account!

Go into your list of playlists. Drag down to make the filter box appear. Click on the three horizontal lines on the right hand side of the filter box. click on sort by name. That should do the trick.

This thread is for the desktop player, not the app or website. This is not
offered as an option for the desktop player, only the mobile app and web.

That is for mobile, not desktop...

H E L L O ! ! !    I S  A N Y O N E  T H E R E ? ? ?

S P O T I F Y . . . C A N  Y O U  H E A R  U S ? ? ?

Nope they are still playin role platying as "the three wise monkeys",
"hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil":

I don't really see what the problem is. It shouldn't be that hard to
implement such a feature and yet it is still abscent.

In the Spotify app on Windows 10, I was able MANUALLY to alphabetize my playlists.

Simply click and drag a playlist to position it in the order you want.

Don't know why it took me so long to figure this out but at last, my desktop version has alphabetized playlists. (I only have about a dozen, so those of you with hundreds won't find this hack very useful.)

Happy listening!

Suggested posts