Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Solved!

Playlist in alphabetical order.

Is it possible to arrangere the artists I have in my play lists alphabetically. Because of streaming music from Spotify pausing all the time, I have to play off line. The play list is getting extremely long, and it is difficult to find a particular artist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Chukky- While sorting playlists alphabetically isn't currently an option, the suggestion has already been posted within our Ideas Board: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Playlist-sorting-options/idi-p/181

If this is something you'd like to see, you can add your comments to the thread and give it some 'Kudos'. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi everyone - If this is a function you'd like to see within Spotify please be sure to add your Kudos to the Ideas Board. I've posted a link to that Idea above. 

Currently that status is set to 'Under Consideration'. Rocio has posted a bit more info as well. 

Marked as solution

Hi Guys, I know this is an old one but I've written a script that sorts playlists alphabetically.

It's available here:

http://crtr.co.uk/sortify/

148 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Chukky- While sorting playlists alphabetically isn't currently an option, the suggestion has already been posted within our Ideas Board: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Playlist-sorting-options/idi-p/181

If this is something you'd like to see, you can add your comments to the thread and give it some 'Kudos'. 

Please tell me this is an upcoming feature! It seems like such a basic thing and it makes it so hard to manage your playlists once you have 20-30. Very frustrating! Love you to death, spotify, but not being able to sort playlists alphabeitclaly hurts me deep!

Yeah I wish there was a way to alphabetize all this! Artist and track names especially, its all very unorganized. Come on Spotify, help us out with this, EVERYONE would surley appreciate this feature. please!

likewise!

Please bring this function. Please!!!!!

Marked as solution

Hi everyone - If this is a function you'd like to see within Spotify please be sure to add your Kudos to the Ideas Board. I've posted a link to that Idea above. 

Currently that status is set to 'Under Consideration'. Rocio has posted a bit more info as well. 

Any news with managing folders and playlist alphabetically? Next update please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

PLEASE GET THIS ACCOMPLISHED ASAP. It would be a huge savior for the pain in my butt of organizing my hundreds of playlists individually.

Thank you, Manny.

Hio,

Ye whats happening with this. It should be really simple to do.... Or am i missing something ??

Agree...... Please consider adding ability to order alphabetically. You may widen your user base !

Yes this feature is why I currently dont subscribe to Spotify. Its a great  music service but

very unorganized once you add a ton of playlists or artists.

I've taken to spending evenings in on my own manually sorting my folders, playlists, and tracks into alphabetical order. It takes ages as I keep having to say the alphabet in my head. I get stuck around mnopq !

Organizing playlists alphabetically

It might be enough to subdivide the file menu (e.g.  under " New Playlist folder" )  :

Alphabetically (folders with letters)

Chronologically (Years/Decades/Centuries)

Music Type / or Genre

Best  regards

When can we exect to see this!!!?

I finally found the folders option, and it is great for creating an organized library of my playlists.  If you haven't played with the folders option, give it a whirl.

Holy crap, how is sorting alphabetically of playlists not available yet on Android?  This is one of those feature gaps that has users shaking their heads... Surely this was thought of during the first round of req gathering?

Sorting is available on Android

Nicolas Cage agrees:

COME ON SPOTIFY!!!

-------------------------

Twitter: @rawdney

Pffff 20-30, try 457 tracks, and then you'll know how frustrating it is. This needs to be fixed NOW!

Suggested posts