Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify URI not valid

Solved!

Spotify URI not valid

I was trying to upload my playlist onto the playlist exchange but when I copy the playlist URI the error I get is like:

'provide a valid Spotify URI'

Why might this be happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tambeshakunt!

Just to keep you posted, I had passed tbis on to the right folks and things should be working now. Could you let me know if you can share your playlist on the Playlist Exchange now?

Let me know! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @tambeshakunt! Thanks for reaching out!

That's not cool! Hmm, I'd love to take a closer look. Could you share the Spotify URI here? I might be able to help you out!

Have an awesome day!

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks for your reply @Hubo

The URI is:

spotify:user:shakunt.tambe:playlist:3vF706eyeQ2izI4lhnTQde

By the way, this is happening for all of my playlists, not just this one. (I tried to use URIs of another playlist and the same error is shown 😞 )

Thanks for helping out!

Thanks for that info! 

We've checked and it looks like you're having trouble with the playlists URI because your username has a dot which is considered a special character. No worries! In this case, you can get in touch with our Accounts team and they will give you a hand on this. 

You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. Just send them a private message with your account's email address and username.

You can also use our Contact Form to get email support.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

All the best.
Maria_BModerator

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Okay thanks for that! I will contact them now.

Hey @tambeshakunt!

Seems like our Support team is already working with you on this issue. In this case, we'll be closing the thread.

Don't hesitate to open a new one if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
Marked as solution

Hey @tambeshakunt!

Just to keep you posted, I had passed tbis on to the right folks and things should be working now. Could you let me know if you can share your playlist on the Playlist Exchange now?

Let me know! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

@Hubo wrote:

Hey @tambeshakunt!

Let me know! 🙂

YES! It is indeed working now! THANK YOU so much for your help, thats brilliant. 

I had contacted customer service and they said I would have to delete my account and move everything to a new account etc... long process so wasn't keen on it and just accepted that the URIs won't ever work :D. But now it seems to be solved!

Thanks once again 🙂

I am having same issue spotify:user:212jzqw73tkdedb24qdnnvygy:playlist:10QpkPozuCX8WtfN64g7RP

I’m also having the same issue when trying to make a NEW post. No problem replying to an existing post. Any suggestions?

This is the link I was using for the new post:

https://open.spotify.com/user/leray6886/playlist/3jr4NaYbsByL6y5SeelbWW?si=YLfFPyDYQRaMF75Ctt2f9A

The link works here, but not when trying to post something new ?

Suggested posts