Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps skipping

Casual Listener

So...what was the final solution.

SOund drivers are good, ran as admin, uninstalled 3 times, devices still working, I'm a little ticked right now honestly that there isn't a solution or direct tech support.

And fyi.. the itunes cross platform issue must be isolated...I have never used itunes...ever..

Windows updates are done

SPotify prompted me for the quicktime update.. done..

Hardware acceleeration turned off

Any other amizing ideas for the community Spotify Admins?  Calling SPotify Admins?... yeah got nada on that..someone else want to give it a shot.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same problem, it occurs randomly. I have had this problem before but it solved itself in the past. I have never had iTunes, I have installed Win10 recently but spotify has worked fine for two months. 

Admins, why is there no clear solution for this? This is ludicrous for a service which people pay money for. And for a problem of this magnitude.

The best solution I think would be a built in troubleshooting feature in spotify.

Please work on this, you are losing customers.

Highlighted

Regular

@tjvisserman wrote:

Please work on this, you are losing customers.

Yep. After 3 years, I have just canceled my premium subscription. I'm sick of buggy software.. Android app has an issue where it runs slow whenever you start storing your music offline on the SD card and every couple of Windows desktop updates there is some kind of  issue and my local files either stop syncing with all my devices ot just dissapear randomly.

Completely fed up!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Solved the problem for me too. Was skipping songs I already had on my comp as well.

Thanks BS!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

What solved the problem for you?

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm getting this error now too.. please fix

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Sorry guys, thought they'd link the comment that I responded too.. Guess that's a little too much to ask. Like having out streaming service run smoothly.. : P  Go Edit - Preferences - and uncheck all Local Files (Itunes, D/Ls, WMP, and ML). Seems like the software pulling local creates lag. Hope that helps!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Windows 7
Highlighted

Casual Listener
And I don't have any local files and am a premium user. I'd just like to be able to wake up and press play on my computer. I too am getting mad. Seems like everyone has a different problem with 3 potential solutions.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I have this problem on my android. Also when my app is closed it will start to play music. PLEASE HELP
SUGGESTED POSTS