Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps skipping

user-removed
Not applicable

@Andi2

Hello:

What Windows version and what is the Spotify app version this is happening with?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yes - 

I am using Windows 8, and randomly Spotify will start skipping every song!! It will run through whatever playlist I am trying to play, or whatever Radio Station I try to play. Only plays for 1 second, then it skips to next song. Not sure why....

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Re installed the sound driver for an older one, it works for me

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the same issue (Spotify skips songs without even playing them) and I have tried everything recommended in this post (except downloading an old sound drive which might solve the issue but I feel Spotify sould be releasing a patch to fix this issue as everyone might not bother going through that process). 

This incident started happening after I download Windows 10. 

UPDATE: I solved the issuedid not have to do a sound drive update, just had to to "hard" shut the computer (I am using a Suface Pro, shutting down does not really shuts down the computer. I had to do the two button shut down)

Highlighted

I use a dell precision M4600, recently updated to Windows 10. After two weeks of normal function, the Spotify desktop app abruptly started skipping every single track selected. None of the suggestions offered by most of the posts here worked: I unclicked every single local file source, disabled hardware acceleration, deleted my local Spotify cache file, uninstalled/reinstalled the Spotify app, uninstalled itunes and even removed all local audio files. Problem persisted, no tracks would play for more than a fraction of a second.

Solution: my audio driver was the culprit. I uninstalled the factory-supplied IDT audio driver and then installed the generic windows 10 driver "High Definition Audio Device" using the device manager. Problem solved, no more skipping.

Highlighted

I have the same problem on the crome version, PC version, and mobile!

Highlighted

Not the case... this hapens to me every second and it's the most annoying thing yet. I don't have iTunes installed and it still happens, so I can say that your "theory" is false

Highlighted

This worked!!! Thank you so much!

Also just google the Realtek download and don't pay the subscription to microsoft
Highlighted

Run as Administrator. Done

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Run what as admin, the workstation?

SUGGESTED POSTS