Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Spotify keeps skipping

Adam
Roadie

cmscode wrote:

i have a laptop running windows xp and no itunes and it skips like mad

Have you tried unticking Enable Hardware Acceleration from Preferences? That often helps with performance issues on Windows XP.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

cmscode
Music Fan

thanks for the update - yes i have tried that, but, i noticed that it has reverted back.  i unchecked it again, and if i continue to have the problem i'll check and see if its re-enabled itself.   

and if that's your actual house in the photo - that's a pretty sweet view. must make the commute to (sweden?) hard :P

cmscode
Music Fan

no skipping - i would suggest that anyone that has tried this and it continue to skip, see if its getting reset when you re-open the app, i suspect that's part of the problem - if it is could you guys (ze spotify folks) check it out. 

thanks so much! no skipping === :>)

peppie185

I had the same problem when playing this through my HDMI cable, when i used my speakers it stopped.  So check you HDMI

ddugs

Thank you so much!!!  This solution worked for me!  

Nothing so far on this forum did anything and it kept skipping.  For the record, I do have iTunes on this computer, but as soon as I unchecked the boxes the songs stopped skipping :)  

Maybe it has something to do with how spotify checks for local songs?  I don't know...either way, this worked :)  

Thanks Baresmarts!

BENLEO56

This solved my problem on my windows desktop.  Can't find the counterpart to solve my problems on my iphone.  Thanks Baresmarts.

More than disappointing that Spotify doesn't have post that addresses this or notifies users of this.  I pay them a monthly stipend.  Their service should cover informing users how to avoid this common problem.  If they want to survive they need to step up their game.

Joe
Community Legend

If you have issues with your iphone, post details in the iOS section and I'm sure folk will help you.

BENLEO56 wrote:

This solved my problem on my windows desktop.  Can't find the counterpart to solve my problems on my iphone.  Thanks Baresmarts.

More than disappointing that Spotify doesn't have post that addresses this or notifies users of this.  I pay them a monthly stipend.  Their service should cover informing users how to avoid this common problem.  If they want to survive they need to step up their game.

chromoprinter
Music Fan

Hi guys, I want to play local audio files on my computer. The local audio files are not available for streaming via Spotify.

If I uncheck the local files how can I play them without skipping. Only the local files currently skip and it seems to be a spotify bug with local files. Can we fix that regardless of the file source there is no skipping what so ever?

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Joe
Community Legend

What OS are you using? Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in spotify's preferences?

chromoprinter wrote:

Hi guys, I want to play local audio files on my computer. The local audio files are not available for streaming via Spotify.

If I uncheck the local files how can I play them without skipping. Only the local files currently skip and it seems to be a spotify bug with local files. Can we fix that regardless of the file source there is no skipping what so ever?

Please let me know.

Thank you!

chromoprinter
Music Fan

Thank you for your reply Jwylot,

I'm running Mac OS X 10.8.4 Spotify v. 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

I have tried turning off  and on the gapless playback and crossfades as suggested.

I have cleared the cache folder as suggested and restarted Spotify.

I have opened the files in other applications as suggested and they are working fine.

I thought it could be a RAM issue considering I work in Photoshop and Spotify at the same time.

However, I tried the same playback using iTunes while working in Photoshop and there is no skipping.

In my opinion, there seems to be an error in how Spotify is reading local files from the hard disk and caching them.
If this can be fixed or resolved I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

SUGGESTED POSTS