Spotify keeps skipping

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps skipping

Casual Listener

I have never had iTunes, yet mine still skips..

Highlighted

I have the Spotify app on my roku player and it skips CONSTANTLY. Going to end my subscription if they don't fix the issue soon.
Highlighted

Community Legend

@taniniver - From reading around on topics like this one, it appears Spotify blame Roku and Roku blame Spotify for the issue which is not getting anywhere. 

Some people have reported changing DNS fixes this though:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Spotify-on-Roku-song-issues/m-p/589154/hi...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Uninstall... 😕

Highlighted

Thanks..same problem since latest update on Windows 8.1...removed iTunes and all good...Spotify please issue a fix so both programs can run compatibly on one PC

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I've unchecked the hardware excelleration on mine and am still having this issue! *Sigh*

Highlighted

• I have contacted spotiy about the issue but they just send you a standard reply redirecting you to their support page. This is really annoying. No help whatsoever...
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I just checked my sound card, i hadnt the proper card selected, there was a 3rd party selected...Apowersoft???...no more skipping

Highlighted

I have a MacBook Air and was close to throwing it and every other device I has spotify on though the room..
But as a last thing I did this:

Spotify > Preferences
And then I just unclicked more or less everything

Everything under:
Local Files
User Interface
Music announcments

Then

Spotify > Quit Spotify

restarted it..
Now it works without a problem..

NB!: I also had the problem it wouldnt make songs available offline.. that seems to work too now.

Highlighted

I tried all the above but still kept skipping. I'm running Spotify on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and it was skipping every 30 seconds on the nose. Did some research and found this: Uninstall program "intel matrix storage manager" from your computer (not even sure what it did anyway). Restarted my laptop and no more skips. Hope this helps

SUGGESTED POSTS