Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify (old) won't update?

Spotify (old) won't update?

On my MacBook, the Spotify app says "Spotify(old)". I have tried looking for updates and redownloading the app, but it still does not work? Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you so much!

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have mac os 10.7.5. I have been looking through information for over an hour and nothing suggested has worked. Unable to open/run spotify app OR spotify web browser. No updates available for my laptop OR any of my browsers. Why isn't this fixable. 

You must download the entire application again.

From the Spotify homepage, or from <https://www.spotify.com/es/download/mac>.

This will be a compressed zip file, which you double click and generate an application with the installer. Double click again on this installer, and copy a new version to the main applications folder.

The file (older) you had, or the installer deletes it, I don't know, or you directly.

Normally the Spotify application asks you to update, and rename the old version when installing the new one. To finish deleting that previous version, before reopening. There may be a problem with the new version 1.1.25 and the old systems. I use 10.11.5 and despite deleting all Spotify support folders, and having reinstalled, the program opens, but when entering my keys it closes automatically. I will reinstall the previous version 1.1.24 and look to block automatic updates, although I don't know why Spotify forces you to update even if it is not compatible with your installed system.

Regards

Jose Luis

P.S. I do not speak English, this message has been translated mechanically. I apologize beforehand but I have expressed myself correctly.

I have so many old there's now an old 2! WTH? Just update like normal people please.

Hey @dmpratt,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

If you're having issues related app updates, send us the exact make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your device.

Also, let us know if you have (recently) reinstalled the app. 

We'll be here standing by.  

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts