Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spacebar to play/pause not working after switching back to Spotify app from hidden

[Desktop] Spacebar to play/pause not working after switching back to Spotify app from hidden

I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and Spotify version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819 for Intel. I always hide my apps (using Command-H) to switch and manage my windows. When I hide the Spotify app, then switch back to it so it becomes the active application, then press the spacebar, it gives me the macOS error sound and does not play/pause the current song.

This behavior happens when switching back to Spotify using Command-Tab, AND also by switching back to Spotify by selecting it in the dock.

This behavior only happens when returning to Spotify after it's been hidden. If I do not hide it and then switch back to it so it becomes the active app, the spacebar works as expected.

Also just going to throw this in here because I'm yearning for it... where's the promised Spotify Hi-Fi at? Thanks! 

1 Reply

Hi there @coolcucumber,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. We've moved your idea to our help board due us being able to use this function.

To start with, can you make sure there's no old cache files causing this by following the steps that's provided in this article?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts