Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Mac randomly plays Spotify's Feelin' Good playlist without me wanting to

Solved!

Spotify on Mac randomly plays Spotify's Feelin' Good playlist without me wanting to

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

Mac

My Question or Issue

Spotify on Mac randomly plays Spotify's Feelin' Good playlist without me wanting to. First it turns up the volume of the laptop itself really high and after a few seconds the playlist automatically starts playing. Plz help. Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The solution is to delete all of your data and completely reinstall Mac

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi, if your problem started new, please change your password and sign out everywhere.

Still happening, I even reinstalled twice. It changes the volume of the laptop itself, so it cannot be somebody else doing it.

By the way, it happens every day at 00:00 exactly.

I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?

The Feelin' Good playlist also plays automatically at 8 in the morning, completely by itself. It has completely skewed my listening preferences because now Spotify believes I just absolutely love all those artists.

This is not a matter of sharing password or anything, I have reset it and it still goes on. If multiple people have an issue with the same exact playlist, it's either a) Spotify doing something wrong; or b) a trolling hacker with a very peculiar music taste. 

Hey there @altomar,

Welcome to the Community - We're here to help.

Make sure you have logged out everywhere and reset the password of both your Spotify account and your email address. If your account is linked to Facebook, it's also a good idea to reset your FB password too. 

You can always check if there are any unknown devices linked to your account by clicking the Devices available   icon in the bottom right corner of the app.

Can you also log in on your Account page and go to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side? 

There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

If your app continues to play those playlists by itself, we'd ask you to send us the following info:

• Device make, model and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • A link to the playlist that keeps playing

Something you can try in the meantime is to disconnect your account from any devices that are connected via Bluetooth or the Connect function - Smart speakers, Smart TV etc.

Let us know if this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Feelin' Good playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX9XIFQuFvzM4?si=26m_h4NqT9elo_5cAVFiGA
Spotify Version: 1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7
Device: Macbook Pro 2017; macOS Catalina v. 10.15.6

Hi @Elena
At 12AM exactly the volume of my laptop goes up by 2/3, the Spotify app opens (if closed) on its own and plays the Feelin' Good playlist from Spotify. If the Wi-Fi is turned off, then only the playlist page opens and nothing plays, because there are no downloaded songs and all of them are greyed out (volume of laptop still goes up by 2/3). I have manually tested this problem by setting the time on my laptop to 11:59PM and waiting for a minute to experience what I just described. I have tried reinstalling multiple times and changing passwords.

Hey @Enchoo,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

To the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, we'd like to add a few more. Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? In this article there are also steps for restarting the device and clearing the cache.

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, we'd suggest to deactivate them for Spotify. 

It's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator

Clean reinstalling didn't work. In addition, it's not an account related problem, because Spotify still launches and my volume goes up even if I'm not logged into my account (the playlist doesn't play, but when I log in, I'm on the playlist page). I have no batter optimization apps or settings on for Spotify.

Hey @Enchoo,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

If the issue still persists, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there will be happy to help and can look into this further.

If you have questions, we are here for you.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator

ME TOO!. How do stop this!!!

Elena (from Spotify). This has not worked!!!!

Hey @cleverboymd,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!  

Just to make sure that all troubleshooting steps so far have been tried out, we've summed them up :

• Perform a clean reinstall using the steps here. They are more thorough and ensure that no leftover files remain.
  • Secure your account by logging out everywhere and resetting your password.
  • If your account is connected to Facebook, also reset your password there. 
  • Remove the access of all third party apps you don't recognize. It's a good idea to remove also all alarm and other apps that autostart Spotify, if you have any. This page explains how to do this.
  • Disconnect your account from any devices that are connected via Bluetooth or the Connect function - Smart speakers, Smart TV etc.

If none of these steps do trick, you can contact our Customer Support team here. They'll happily check your account backstage and help you further.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

It's been so long and I still haven't found a solution yet. I have attached a video of what exactly is happening on my MacBook

Hi there @Enchoo,

Thank you for your reply and for all of the troubleshooting you've done so far!

If you haven't already, we suggest that you try the steps that @Mihail provided in the thread.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend that you contact our customer support so that they can have a closer directly on your account.

Let us know how everything goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

The solution is to delete all of your data and completely reinstall Mac

Hi again @Enchoo,

Thank you for sharing with the rest of the Community what worked for you.

We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

this has been happening to me for FOUR years and I am so serious we deserve financial compensation for the stress and sleep loss it has caused me. Feelin' Good playlist tortures my living days. 

Suggested posts