Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify pauses at random

Solved!

Spotify pauses at random

I have a spotify unlimited subscription.

As of today I installed the new upgrade but now a problem has occured.

When I play music, spotify randomly pauses the song. I have to physically click the play button again to continue the music.

It can happen up to 2 or 3 times during one song!

I have a stable wired internet connection, and up untill yesterday never encountered the problem.

Rebooting my computer or rebooting spotify does not help to solve the problem.

What to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Could you go to Edit -> Preferences and disable 'High quality streaming'?

High quality streaming was a new feature which only is available for premium uses, but was available temporarily for everyone due to a bug. 

Unfortunately I don't know if high quality streaming is available for unlimited users, as unlimited isn't available officially anymore. 

Please let us know if this helped for you. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

High quality streaming was a new feature which only is available for premium uses, but was available temporarily for everyone due to a bug. 

Unfortunately I don't know if high quality streaming is available for unlimited users, as unlimited isn't available officially anymore. 

Hi,

It helped.

Thanks a lot!

It isn't available for unlimited users.

thank you so much, it was REALLY getting annoying

@MichaelW wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks, helped me too, I wanted to click the accept as solution button, but I couldn't find it. Maybe cos I'm not the OP!

@MichaelW wrote:

Hi there,

I was having the same issues and I tried this.. it still pauses.... starting to **bleep** me off 

Suggested posts