Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing 5 or 6 seconds into any song

Spotify stops playing 5 or 6 seconds into any song

Spotify stops playing 5 or 6 seconds into any song. I cannot even resume the song manually.

I have tried reinstalling spotify using this link: https://support.spotify.com/sg-en/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

But the problem still remains.

Plan: Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 15" (late 2013)

Operating System

(Mac OS 10.14.4)

My Question or Issue

Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 12.48.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-04-18 at 12.48.56 PM.png
11 Replies

We have the smae issue here in the UK

I had the same problem in windows 10. I contacted with the support and they showed me how to fix the problem. You should do the same thing.

i got the same problem from uk and have premium.

only the app does that so current using web player which works fine.

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd recommend using a different internet connection. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

It might also be a good idea powering off your device, waiting a couple of minutes and powering it on again to see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, you can also check your hosts file for any Spotify entries. You can find out how to do so on Windows here and on Mac devices here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi, I have the same problem. On any bluetooth connection be it in a car or bluetooth speaker or bluetooth headphones it just stops playing after 10 seconds.

Tried: Updating, re-installing, factory reset, off-and-on, disconnet-reconnect, etc.

Getting to a point where I will distroy my phone and cancel my premium acount with Spotify. Firs world problems. I know.

• Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Device OS : Android V9.0
  • Spotify version: 8.5.11.762

Hello there, 

None of these options work for me. I've tried uninstalling the programme and I've edited my hosts files like a million times back and forth. 

I'd really like this fixed. 

Hey there @Carnagehb and @bonjourmarlene,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add some more.

Can you give these steps a go and clear the cache? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues. 

@Carnagehb If you've battery optimizing or power saving apps on the phone, we'd suggest to deactivate them for Spotify. You can also check if the app has all permissions activated. 

@bonjourmarlene If you've tried the steps suggested by @Katerina, we'd recommend to also try reinstalling the app in a Safe Mode.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator

In the end, this is what I did to get my desktop app to work again

• Uninstall Spotify on my MacBook
  • Uninstall Spotify on my phone
  • Restart my MacBook
  • Restart my phone
  • Open Spotify Web Player and play music while I download & re-install Spotify on both devices
  • Open the desktop app and the mobile app while web player is playing

It finally showed on my desktop that another device was playing so when I switched control to my desktop app, it kept playing. I'm not sure if the uninstalling and restarting process was necessary, or if it would have worked to just try it via the web player from the start; but I'm just glad it's working again. 

It does it on my CarPlay in my Chevy Malibu how do I sort that out 

Hey there @Unicorngirl,

Thanks for joining the thread!

We'd advise performing a clean reinstall of the mobile app and then reconnecting your phone to the car.
If the issue still persists, if possible, try connecting a different phone to your vehicle to see if that works.
Trying your own phone in a different vehicle could also help narrow down the reasons why this may be happening and we'd also advise checking your internet connection and the USB cable as well.

We'll be on the lookout for your response & we thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Cheers! 🙂

VasilModerator

Usually, this type of playback issues happens when the cache and cookies are corrupted and affecting the normal function of the app. The regular reinstall sometimes doesn't do the trick because that process doesn't delete all the cache information.

Regards,

Will

Suggested posts