Free

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Spotify Version

1.1.5.153.gf614956d

My Question or Issue

The app seems to be working completely fine except the fact that there is no sound whatsoever. I've tried rebooting the mac and reinstalling the app as described here with no success.

There is also no sound when using wireless devices (AirPods and bluetooth speakers) as well as 3.5 mm jack headphones.

32 Replies

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you're having playback issues on your Mac, we recommend checking out this ongoing issue thread and following the steps in the Status Updated

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My new Spotify is not playing audio when VPN is on.

Should none of the above steps work for you, let us know by adding your +VOTE and leaving a comment with the following details below:
Exact Spotify version. : 1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7
Device (make + model) + OS version. : iMac OS 10.13.6
Time & date the issue last happened (include timezone). : Sep. 16, 2020. 8:20am Pacific
Exact steps to reproduce the issue: No audio when VPN is on.
Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Turned off VPN and Worked.

Hey there @ramo5150,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it to the right team. You can also head here and post it there. That way we can also keep track of the matter.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I had this same problem but I also listen to music on my iphone App so I checked that and saw that I had the volume slider all the way down there even though it was all the way up on my desktop so moral to the story if your going to switch back n forth between the 2 make sure BOTH volumes are up. 

Hey there @antonephoto!

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Not to worry, performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

You can also keep an eye on the ongoing issue we have here for more info and updates about this issue.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator

I had this issue too - it was just the Spotify app volume control - which weirdly doesn't reset to a default volume when you reinstall the app or restart.

I tried everything, and this is what solved my issue! Such a funny thing for me to overlook

hi i am having this problem on my macbook pro but only for the speakers. if i plug headphones in i can hear the audio. spotify web browser is also not playing but i can listen through my phone. i have tried logging out, uninstalling, quitting, restarting my computer, and still its not working. all other audio is playing fine from my laptop speakers. any suggestions?! im new to spotify just made the switch from apple music about a month ago and im regretting it 😞

Hey @caseybomb,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you using a VPN connection on your mac? Can you try connecting the mac to the internet via a different connection?

You said you reinstalled the app, but could you give it a go one more time with the steps from this page

It may also be worth to check the sound output settings of your laptop and play around with them a little.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

hy this problem happen to me on mac, any idea ?

Hi there @imronreviady,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what device this is happening on? We'll do our best to help.

Please include your device model, OS version, and your current Spotify app version in the reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Somehow the Spotify app volume control muted the volume. Unmuting fixed the problem.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 15.03.02.png

Rubbish suggestions. 
Basically 'change your laptop' or 'your soundcard is broken'!  When it clearly works otherwise you wouldn't be able to listen to music at all.... and that is not the problem. 

READ the issues users have. We pay good money every month for Pro accounts and the desktop performance is poor! 

Suggested posts