Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use two Accounts on one Mac

Use two Accounts on one Mac

Hi

Me and my wife have both our own Spotify Account wich we use on each iPhone. At home we both listen music on spotify running on a mac wich is connected with our sound system. The problem is, that only one account can be oppened on the mac software. So we always have to change the account on the mac when the other like to listen music (and to remote the mac software from the iphone).

Is there a solouthen for this problem? can for examble the software on the mac be open twice? One with my account and one with the other account? 

3 Replies

Hi there!

Unfortunately, not. Licensing requirements only allow one device to be streaming at a time on the account. Sounds like you want something called Spotify Family. Check it out here.

Hope it helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, your right, we have the family account. That meens we can use the accounts seperate. 

But the problem ist the spotify software on the mac. There only one account ca be oppened. That menas only one person can listen music on the mac (wich ist connectet to the sound system). If the other Person would use the mac he (or she) must change the account 

If you have more than one user account on your Mac, you can try switching accounts (both accounts have the app installed)

Or without switching accounts, you can log out of the account in the Spotify app, and then login to the other account.

In the Spotify app go to:

File ---> Log Out    and then sign into the other account.

I know some apps like Google Chrome have an easy user switcher built in, but Spotify does not. You will either have to switch accounts in the Spotify app, or switch accounts on the Mac.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts