Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is the Devices tab? Mine is missing....

Solved!

Where is the Devices tab? Mine is missing....

I'm trying to sync my iphone to Spotify, but the instructions I've found say there should be a 'Devices' section in the sidebar.

Did I accidentally disable it or something?

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 7.27.58 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Same problem here!

Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Works for me, thanks!

I'm trying to put music on an iPod shuffle, so does that mean I'm out of luck until the devices tab returns?

So are you guys no longer supporting local files? Or is this just a temporary glitch?

I hope the update is coming soon.  The iPod I'm using does not have wifi. 

its been close to a year... whats up? its really irking me cause i wanan use my nano 5th gen for something other than audibooks and podcasts

When I inquired to customer service a  month or so ago I recieved an e-mail suggesting I come here looking for idea.  I didn't get the feel that Spotify was in too much of a rush to add this feature back.  Very lame as I too have a nano without wifi that I'd love to use.  Let's face it, not every device is going to have build in wi-fi.  

Did you ever figure out how to get the devices tab? I'm in the same boat...I want to sync my old ipod that doesn't have internet connection.

Suggested posts