Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Zoom in Spotify on mac OS

Solved!

Zoom in Spotify on mac OS

It looks like Spotify desktop client on mac OS is based on web-ui. It behaves as webpage when it comes to zoom functionality. I can use pinch-to-zoom or double-finger-tap (one finger) to zoom-in. I was just wondering if this expected?

Cheers

Radek

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 12.52.32.png
Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 12.52.18.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

10 Replies

now, this not working in the recent update!

i think they updated the components or the web base. and hope it be back somehow!

Yep, I wan't this feature back too. At least as a toggle in advanced settings 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch!

The Zoom feature should be working for all desktop versions of the app.  You can zoom in and zoom out of the Desktop app using the View settings in the Toolbar. 

If that's not working for you we recommend that log out and back in to your account. If the issue persists, it's possible that some of the app files have gotten corrupted.

This is usually solved by performing a clean reinstall using these steps. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response, Mihail. But unfortunately that's not the zoom we were referring to

It is no longer possible to zoom in to an arbitrary point (think Google Maps zoom). Zoom accessible from the View menu scales the whole interfaces

I got really used zooming in with my touchpad to album covers, profile pictures. With the View menu zoom it's unusably inconvenient

Do you have official way to download the previous app version or roll back the latest update?

Hey there @Whyh,

Thanks for the clarification.

There is currently no official way to download previous versions of the app.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like to have the zoom in/out feature back on the Desktop app, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I want this feature back too, always used it for zooming in on many covers. Double tap on the magic mouse and voila - zoomed.

Isn't it quite backwards to be forced to create an idea for a feature that has been part of the app until recently?

No, your answer doesn't help, or explain, it's actually quite annoying. 

/Markus

Marked as solution

@Doompster I've voted, but this is pretty much pointless. They often reject ideas with thousands of upvotes that are trivial in execution (here goes lyrics, that might never become useful again)

Just google and download the last app version that supports the zoom. Luckily it's a client side change, so you should not have any problems in the future

I also have this issue and am creating an "Idea" as suggested below.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it. 

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts