Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Can't enable high quality streaming on my Mac, though I just upgraded to Premium

I just upgraded to Premium, but when I go to setting, trying to enable high quality streaming, the button is still unmoveable, as if I'm not premium... can someone help?

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded to Premium, but when I go to setting, trying to enable high quality streaming, the button is still unmoveable, as if I'm not premium... can someone help?
  • montaverde
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Song Count Not Localizing Correctly

When using Spotify in another language, the localization is off when displaying the song count for an album. The string format appears to be being literally displayed, as shown below.

Screenshot 2017-05-31 18.21.05.png
  • When using Spotify in another language, the localization is off when displaying the song count for an album. The string format appears to be being literally displayed, as shown below.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Memory problems on Mac

Spotify has always had a few kinks in it, but the benefits way overwhelm the negatives so I generally ignore the problems and move along. Recently, though, I am experiencing a problem that is more serious in nature. On two occasions recently, I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has always had a few kinks in it, but the benefits way overwhelm the negatives so I generally ignore the problems and move along.  Recently, though, I am experiencing a problem that is m...
  • esferrara
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

OSX - Spotify causes long wake up from sleep times.

If I don't have Spotify open, the machine will wake up from sleep nearly instantly. If I DO have spotify open there is a 15-25 second delay where I see a black screen with only a cursor, then everything is normal. I can move the cursor while the scre...

• Casual Listener
  • If I don't have Spotify open, the machine will wake up from sleep nearly instantly.   If I DO have spotify open there is a 15-25 second delay where I see a black screen with only a cursor, t...
  • TomMchugh
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How does Spotify match my local music?

Hi, I just signed up for Spoitfy Premium to give it whirl. But I have some questions. I have a somewhat large and highly organized music library in iTunes (on my Mac) and I've successfully imported all of my playlists and tracks into the desktop prog...

• Hi, I just signed up for Spoitfy Premium to give it whirl. But I have some questions.   I have a somewhat large and highly organized music library in iTunes (on my Mac) and I've successfully...
  • Jarik
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Name of a song i played 2 months ago?

I need to know if Spotify save a search history or something, but not only the "recently played". I search and played a song 2 months ago (using Soundhound) but now i totally forget the band´s name and song´s name, and i lost my phone after that (so,...

• I need to know if Spotify save a search history or something, but not only the "recently played".   I search and played a song 2 months ago (using Soundhound) but now i totally forget the...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no longer supports Growl notifications?

Growl (2.1.3) suddenly stopped showing Spotify notifications (Macbook Air running 10.10.2, Spotify version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd). When I emailed Growl support, they told me that Spotify had "completely removed Growl support." Can anyone confirm, and ...

• Regular
  • Growl (2.1.3) suddenly stopped showing Spotify notifications (Macbook Air running 10.10.2, Spotify version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd). When I emailed Growl support, they told me that Spotify had "com...
  • JordanJS
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Keychain Not Found - Mac OS 10.6.8 (annoying pop up won't go away)

I've been running Spotify for a few weeks now previously with Leopard and I think OS 10.5.9. After videos weren't playing in Chrome I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and now everytime I login to Spotify I repeatedly get an annoying popup sa...

• Regular
  • I've been running Spotify for a few weeks now previously with Leopard and I think OS 10.5.9. After videos weren't playing in Chrome I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and now everytime I log...
  • Ralfh
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Discovery Tab just loads overview content

As of today the Discovery tab seems to be broken. It doesn't display any personal recommendations, it just displays the same content as the Overview tab. Have tried to restart the desktop client.

• As of today the Discovery tab seems to be broken. It doesn't display any personal recommendations, it just displays the same content as the Overview tab. Have tried to restart the desktop client.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't skip to the middle of a track

I can no longer drag the little bar at the bottom of the screen (time bar?) to partway through the song, I can either listen to the song from start to finish or skip it, but I can't skip ahead in the song. also, the play/pause button on the screen no...

• I can no longer drag the little bar at the bottom of the screen (time bar?) to partway through the song, I can either listen to the song from start to finish or skip it, but I can't skip ahead in the...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! saved songs do not appear in "your music" - "songs" but do appear in "your music" - "albums"

I'm trying to accept that I can't star things anymore, so instead I've tried to use the "+" button to save all my starred tracks. That worked at first. I "+"-ed all my starred tracks and they now appear in "songs" under "your music". Then I "+"-ed a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to accept that I can't star things anymore, so instead I've tried to use the "+" button to save all my starred tracks.  That worked at first.  I "+"-ed all my starred tracks and ...
  • athenalemonfish
  • 16 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 13 likes

[OS X El Capitan] Spotify choosing to repeatedly crash and re-open every minute or so

I'm on El Capitan. I recently noticed a new Spotify look that appeared sometime between last night and this morning. I was anaware of any updates. (In case you're wondering Command+Q is my friend, so it was technically fully restarted). Anyways, afte...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on El Capitan. I recently noticed a new Spotify look that appeared sometime between last night and this morning. I was anaware of any updates. (In case you're wondering Command+Q is my friend, so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Browser Not Working (Mac)

Hello everyone,I got a Premium Spotify Account its not working on my Macbook (Safari) as it's always worked fine. I see similar thread for this problem but nothing solved on Mac.Please help me out guys

• Hello everyone, I got a Premium Spotify Account its not working on my Macbook (Safari) as it's always worked fine.  I see similar thread for this problem but nothing solved on Mac. Please help...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No "settings" in desktop app

Hi, I cannot find Settings in desktop app. How can I find it?

• Visitor
  •  Hi, I cannot find Settings in desktop app. How can I find it?
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

When using the desktop app music will randomly starts playing on my phone

I use spotify to listen to music at my office, using the desktop app on OSX. However, over the last two weeks I've gotten a really critical bug: music that should be playing through my computer will randomly start playing through my android phone. Th...

• I use spotify to listen to music at my office, using the desktop app on OSX. However, over the last two weeks I've gotten a really critical bug: music that should be playing through my computer will ...
  • hansp21
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Unexpected shuffle behavior when playing first song

On Mac, Spotify version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 Toggling shuffle on and playing the first song in an album instead plays a random song from the album, as if the "Play" button beneath the album title was clicked.

• On Mac, Spotify version 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2   Toggling shuffle on and playing the first song in an album instead plays a random song from the album, as if the "Play" button beneath the a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connected devices always shuffle play

When I'm connected to another device (VSX-S510) shuffle is always actived and re-activated after each track despite having turned it off.

• When I'm connected to another device (VSX-S510) shuffle is always actived and re-activated after each track despite having turned it off. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reminder: keyboard Shortcut to add a song to queue? When?

Hey! I'd like to know when Spotify will create such a shortcut. In know there are tons of similar thread and in most threads, people are getting told to vote for it in another thread. That thread is from 2012. I'm sure that this shortcut is not a pri...

• Regular
  • Hey!   I'd like to know when Spotify will create such a shortcut. In know there are tons of similar thread and in most threads, people are getting told to vote for it in another thread. &nbsp...
  • sabrichu
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes

WTH is "show sponsored songs"

It's in the settings/display options in the latest version.

• Regular
  • It's in the settings/display options in the latest version.
  • keanedawg
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes