Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Playing Local Files over wifi using "Spotify connect" to a stereo but the option is greyed out.

I have local files that will play on all my apple devices, but will not stream through spotify connect to my stereo or bluetooth speakers. The options to use other external playing sources that work normally for other songs are greyed out on a few lo...

• I have local files that will play on all my apple devices, but will not stream through spotify connect to my stereo or bluetooth speakers.  The options to use other external playing sources that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous sync with iTunes

Is there a way to make sure iTunes is continuously synced with the desktop version of Spotify? When "syncing" with iTunes, it only imports the playlists at that time and then the two systems become separate. Because I use iTunes to manage all my musi...

• Is there a way to make sure iTunes is continuously synced with the desktop version of Spotify? When "syncing" with iTunes, it only imports the playlists at that time and then the two systems become s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suchfunktion in Playlist

In der Desktop-Version funktioniert meine Suchfunktion (innerhalb der Playlist) nicht mehr. Auch die Songs, die grad laufen kann ich nicht anwählen, wenn ich ihn anklicke. Damit hab ich immer wieder Probleme. Liegt das an Mac? Ich finde nichts darübe...

• Casual Listener
  • In der Desktop-Version funktioniert meine Suchfunktion (innerhalb der Playlist) nicht mehr. Auch die Songs, die grad laufen kann ich nicht anwählen, wenn ich ihn anklicke. Damit hab ich immer wieder ...
  • hansnordisch
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dragging a track into radio doesn't create new radio station

Spotify version: 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df Using Mac Snow Leopard When I try dragging a track to the radio, I expect a new radio station to be created from the track, however all that happens is the radio page opens.

• Regular
  • Spotify version: 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df Using Mac Snow Leopard   When I try dragging a track to the radio, I expect a new radio station to be created from the track, however all that happ...
  • magintz
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files not displaying correct album art

I recently downloaded a game soundtrack that is one giant album with multiple songs (obviously). The problem is that each song has a different cover art and the Spotify player only displays the same one for each song. I'd love to somehow separate the...

• I recently downloaded a game soundtrack that is one giant album with multiple songs (obviously). The problem is that each song has a different cover art and the Spotify player only displays the same ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Close, Minimize, and Maximize buttons are gone on macOS High Sierra

You have to use keyboard shortcuts or the top menu (Window -> Close) to close, minimize, or maximize the window since the three buttons are missing after the macOS High Sierra Developer Preview update (https://developer.apple.com/download/)

• Casual Listener
  • You have to use keyboard shortcuts or the top menu (Window -> Close) to close, minimize, or maximize the window since the three buttons are missing after the macOS High Sierra Developer Preview up...
  • jbd00
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Crashing on startup/search issues

Hi all, A number of users are experiencing some Spotify issues at the moment - crashing on startup, search not working, etc. Could you help us out by posting the following info: -- Operating system(s) affected -- Version of Spotify -- Country Thanks ...

• Roadie
  • Hi all,   A number of users are experiencing some Spotify issues at the moment - crashing on startup, search not working, etc.   Could you help us out by posting the following info:...
  • Ingrid8
  • Casual Listener
  • 291 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 291 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution "Aktueller Song kann nicht abgespielt werden" - Songs not playing on Mac

It's a common error as I read in other issues from different people. I cleaned the cache, I removed all other sources for songs, I even reinstalled the client. Problem persists. Spotify doesn't want to play songs on my Mac. When I change to different...

• It's a common error as I read in other issues from different people. I cleaned the cache, I  removed all other sources for songs, I even reinstalled the client. Problem persists. Spotify doesn't...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Songs

Why can't I make songs available offline? I mean the actual song tab... So it's like a normal music library where I don't have to continusly stream each song I want to listen too. I'm not that interested in making individual playlists and having to g...

• Casual Listener
  • Why can't I make songs available offline? I mean the actual song tab... So it's like a normal music library where I don't have to continusly stream each song I want to listen too. I'm not that i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

When Connected to Device - Current Song is NOT Highlighted

I am using Spotify player on Mac. I've already tried reinstalling Spotify with your instruction, but it doesn't help. This problem occurs only when I connect to my Bose device and play it like that. In that case currently playing song is not highligh...

• Visitor
  • I am using Spotify player on Mac. I've already tried reinstalling Spotify with your instruction, but it doesn't help.   This problem occurs only when I connect to my Bose device and play it li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes other apps on OSX

Hello,Both on my computers (Mac Pro and Macbook Air) and my partner's (Macbook Pro), having spotify run alongside Photoshop (and some other apps) causes those apps to crash rather frequently. ie. I'll have photoshop crash every hour with Spotify on a...

• Regular
  • Hello, Both on my computers (Mac Pro and Macbook Air) and my partner's (Macbook Pro), having spotify run alongside Photoshop (and some other apps) causes those apps to crash rather frequently. ie. I...
  • Kingturtles
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Memory leak on Mac OS 10.11.5

Hi folks,I have been using spotify desktop client on my Mac. And I have noticed interesting thing recently: application wrote around 30 Gb to disk storage. There are a few screens attached.DISK CPU Network

spotify_usage.png spotify_usage2.png spotify_usage3.png
  • Regular
  • Hi folks, I have been using spotify desktop client on my Mac. And I have noticed interesting thing recently: application wrote around 30 Gb to disk storage. There are a few screens attached. DI...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play track" after computer wakes up from sleep

Hi there,I'm seeing an issue with resuming play after my computer has been asleep for a while. More or less every time my computer has gone to sleep (with Spotify open), and I wake it up and try to resume the Spotify track I was on, Spotify says "Can...

• Hi there, I'm seeing an issue with resuming play after my computer has been asleep for a while. More or less every time my computer has gone to sleep (with Spotify open), and I wake it up and t...
  • breakin
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Mit Premium kein neues Album abspielen

Hallo Zusammen, trotz Premium Account ( Family Paket aus Belgien) kann ich keine neuen Alben bspw. das neue von Bushido - Black Friday , welches in Deutschland erscheint, nicht streamen. Spotify sagt immer, dass diese Songs nicht verfügbar sind. Lieg...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo Zusammen,    trotz Premium Account ( Family Paket aus Belgien) kann ich keine neuen Alben bspw. das neue von Bushido - Black Friday , welches in Deutschland erscheint, nicht streame...
  • KINGkarki
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

AppleScript volume doesn't sync correctly when switching devices

On Mac / Desktop, the volume will suddenly jump because volume seems to get cached incorrectly. Steps to reproduce: 1. Connect Spotify to an Amazon Echo device, start playing a song via desktop.2. Set volume directly on Spotify desktop slider to 10%,...

• On Mac / Desktop, the volume will suddenly jump because volume seems to get cached incorrectly. Steps to reproduce:   1. Connect Spotify to an Amazon Echo device, start playing a song via desk...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Fullscreen visualization

Hi, Am I the only one not being able to have Spotify always open in fullscreen? I'm on Mac OS X 10.9.2 running Spotify… … and the window preferences are going a bit crazy between relaunches of the desktop app. The most obvious and replicable bug is t...

Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 11.19.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 11.15.16 AM.png
  • Regular
  • Hi,   Am I the only one not being able to have Spotify always open in fullscreen?   I'm on Mac OS X 10.9.2 running Spotify…     … and the window preference...
  • DJEF
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify cannot load my albums and artists in my Mac desktop app

On my Mac in the Spotify desktop application my albums and artist do not load. I get an error loading albums klick the reload button. Klicking the button reload has no effect. I logged out of the Spotify application and logged in again. This has also...

• Casual Listener
  • On my Mac in the Spotify desktop application my albums and artist do not load. I get an error loading albums klick the reload button. Klicking the button reload has no effect. I logged out of the Spo...
  • aleclarson
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify always play same song when connecting to my car

Hello!I am seeking some help concerning my spotify app. I am using the spotify app from my iphone 6, and everytime i go in my car, blutooth is automatically connected and the music from spotify plays. So far nothing unusual...The problem that i have ...

• Hello! I am seeking some help concerning my spotify app. I am using the spotify app from my iphone 6, and everytime i go in my car, blutooth is automatically connected and the music from spotify p...
  • SadikBeslija
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify discover weekly still not updating

Spotify discover weekly started acting weird in the last few weeks. There are several topics regarding this subject, but none offer a solution that works for me and it really acts weird. 3 weeks ago: discover weekly not updated (it kept showing 7 day...

• Spotify discover weekly started acting weird in the last few weeks. There are several topics regarding this subject, but none offer a solution that works for me and it really acts weird.   3 w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files get wrong Metadata (but play fine), syncs wrong files to mobile

I run into the following problem: I bought a Metallica concert from their website in Apple Lossless, converted it to m4a and put it in the local folder which Spotify monitors. All songs appear in Spotify, but some get the wrong metadata. They play fi...

• Casual Listener
  • I run into the following problem: I bought a Metallica concert from their website in Apple Lossless, converted it to m4a and put it in the local folder which Spotify monitors. All songs appear in Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes