Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Can't send songs or playlists to my friends! help!!

Whenever I try to send my friend a song, I type in their name into the first box of the "send to..." tab, and it always has the message of "Sorry, no results could be found". I am following my friend and they are following me, so that isn't the probl...

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 8.19.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 8.21.12 AM.png
  • Regular
  • Whenever I try to send my friend a song, I type in their name into the first box of the "send to..." tab, and it always has the message of  "Sorry, no results could be found". I am following ...
  • huffyypuffyy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! MacBook Pro Volume Controls Don't Work with Spotify Running

Does anybody else have this issue? Running an Early 2011 MacBook Pro with Mavericks (10.9.4), and when spotify is running the volume controls don't work. Hitting the volume buttons shows the volume icon but it has a circle with a line through it. I c...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anybody else have this issue? Running an Early 2011 MacBook Pro with Mavericks (10.9.4), and when spotify is running the volume controls don't work. Hitting the volume buttons shows the volume i...
  • Nifhanif
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Choppy streaming via bluetooth device while using magic mouse!?

I have a new problem in Spotify that has just started after a recent update. Its so bad chances are it will make me cancel my spotify subscription if it can't be fixed. I use an arcam r-blink bluetooth DAC that streams music from my computer to my an...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a new problem in Spotify that has just started after a recent update. Its so bad chances are it will make me cancel my spotify subscription if it can't be fixed.   I use an arcam r-blin...
  • profanegod
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Share playlist

I'm trying to share a playlist with a friend that I want to have a collaborative playlist with. I'm following her and she is following me, she pops up in the 'Friends List' on right side of the desktop client but there's no way her account appears in...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to share a playlist with a friend that I want to have a collaborative playlist with. I'm following her and she is following me, she pops up in the 'Friends List' on right side of the deskt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Duration incorrect when scrubbing files greater than 44.1KHz

Hi everyone, I experience unexpected results in the MacOS desktop client version 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6 when playing local songs that are greater than 44.1KHz. The audio plays fine but the timeline scrubber is a multiple, which is to say a 4 four minut...

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 10.55.53.png Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 10.56.20.png Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 10.51.34.png Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 10.59.57.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,    I experience unexpected results in the MacOS desktop client version 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6 when playing local songs that are greater than 44.1KHz. The audio plays fine ...
  • gti-sfy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio showing different song playing

I've just noticed as my radio was playing, that under the radio section it shows a different song playing than what is actually playing. Screenshot:http://cl.ly/image/0Q462u1q1w41http://cl.ly/image/0m2l2A1y0h3A

• I've just noticed as my radio was playing, that under the radio section it shows a different song playing than what is actually playing.   Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/0Q462u1q1w4...
  • d1g1tal
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify playlists - local files being overridden by Spotify versions

I made some playlists on my Mac consisting of standard commercial music using a mixing software. These playlists are in my iTunes. I was able to import the songs to Spotify and see them under "Local Files". However, when I try to add them to a Spotif...

• Regular
  • I made some playlists on my Mac consisting of standard commercial music using a mixing software. These playlists are in my iTunes. I was able to import the songs to Spotify and see them under "L...
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change playlist name or view title on desktop

For some reason i can't change my playlist names via the desktop nor can i view the title at the top of playlists. I have tried this on 2 different computers. Tried it on my works laptop with windows 10 and tried on my macbook. My friend logged in on...

• For some reason i can't change my playlist names via the desktop nor can i view the title at the top of playlists. I have tried this on 2 different computers. Tried it on my works laptop with windows...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to add an album to its own space?

Hi guys. I asked a modified form of this question yesterday, but by the time I came back someone had locked the thread and marked the solution themselves, which I wasn't thrilled about as I didn't feel like the question was answered! Quite simply, my...

• Regular
  • Hi guys. I asked a modified form of this question yesterday, but by the time I came back someone had locked the thread and marked the solution themselves, which I wasn't thrilled about as I didn't fe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't quit Spotify when Spotify isn't in the foreground

When Spotify is active and in the foreground, quiting works fine. When Spotify is hidden, or another application in in the foreground having focus I cannot quit Spotify. When trying to quit using 'command + Q' when Spotify is not in the foreground:- ...

• Regular
  • When Spotify is active and in the foreground, quiting works fine.   When Spotify is hidden, or another application in in the foreground having focus I cannot quit Spotify.   When trying...
  • pplaggenborg
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop Player controls for Mac in Notification Center

Hi!This is an awesome idea that does not appear to be a current feature for the Spotify Desktop Player for Macs. Would it be possible to add in a Notification Center mini-player controls for spotify music on a Mac, similar to that of iTunes on a mac,...

• Hi! This is an awesome idea that does not appear to be a current feature for the Spotify Desktop Player for Macs. Would it be possible to add in a Notification Center mini-player controls for spot...
  • tshrjn
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Playing the wrong song?

So when I try to play "Jesus of Suburbia" (the musical version) from the American Idiot Broadway Cast Album from my computer it instead plays "Jesus of Suburbia" from American Idiot, the original song from the original album by Green Day. The rest of...

• So when I try to play "Jesus of Suburbia" (the musical version) from the American Idiot Broadway Cast Album from my computer it instead plays "Jesus of Suburbia" from American Idiot, the original son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestions - How does Spotify work?

Hi!I'm familiar with Apple Music and its suggestions. I'm trying to check Spotify out. For me the suggested songs/albums/artists/playlists are really important to discover new music. Can you explain in which ways Spotify suggest you music you may lik...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm familiar with Apple Music and its suggestions. I'm trying to check Spotify out. For me the suggested songs/albums/artists/playlists are really important to discover new music. Can you e...
  • NeroErpo
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i get my year in music 2016??

I was waiting for my year in music 2016 and then just now remembered the email I use for my spotify is an email i dont know! so i changed it just now to the email I currently use! is there a way the year in music email can be re-sent to my updated em...

• I was waiting for my year in music 2016 and then just now remembered the email I use for my spotify is an email i dont know! so i changed it just now to the email I currently use! is there a way the ...
  • Rob83
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify changes track by itself

Hi! I have noticed that, for a while now, spotify changes track by itself. It happens on several devices (windows desktop client, iPhone Client(s) ) but not on my squeezebox touch what I have noticed anyway. I have seen some other posts regarding thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I have noticed that, for a while now, spotify changes track by itself. It happens on several devices (windows desktop client, iPhone Client(s) ) but not on my squeezebox touch what ...
  • patriksedin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant post Songs or Playlists to followers

For some reason I all of a sudden can no longer post songs or spotify playlist with my followers. I used to be able to and now I just get a grey box. My account is connected to twitter and facebook so im not sure what is going on. Any help would be a...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason I all of a sudden can no longer post songs or spotify playlist with my followers. I used to be able to and now I just get a grey box. My account is connected to twitter and faceb...
  • jincoofficial
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac desktop app bug: followed playlist does not always show up

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that when I save a playlist - especially those created by spotify - that it does not always show in the sidebar. This makes it quite difficult to find previously saved playlists

• Music Fan
  • Hi,  I just wanted to let you know that when I save a playlist - especially those created by spotify - that it does not always show in the sidebar. This makes it quite difficult to find previ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play the song

I got two bugs to report. First, everytime when I unlock my mac after sleep, I must restart my spotify. Otherwise, spotify gives me the error 'can't play current song.' Second, there is a color problem, when i use mac with two screens. The background...

• I got two bugs to report. First, everytime when I unlock my mac after sleep, I must restart my spotify. Otherwise, spotify gives me the error 'can't play current song.'   Second, there is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Never got email with my top artists

I used an old email to register for spotify. When I logged into it for the first time in years, something happened and it cleared the inbox. I was wondering if theres a way to get the email to resend or if I could access it on spotify some how.

• I used an old email to register for spotify. When I logged into it for the first time in years, something happened and it cleared the inbox. I was wondering if theres a way to get the email to resend...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

10,000 is the limit to my love for Spotify

As happy as I was to see my personal listening stats wrapped in as a Christmas present(would actually be nice with access to this regardless of a new year), I was as sad and frustrated when I almost simultaneously realized that there's a 10,000 song ...

• As happy as I was to see my personal listening stats wrapped in as a Christmas present(would actually be nice with access to this regardless of a new year), I was as sad and frustrated when I almost ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes