Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Can't turn on High Quality Streaming

I am a premium user and can't turn on the High Quality Streaming Option. The option is there, but it won't let me turn it on. I'm a Mac user. Spotify version: 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9 Mac OS X 10.10.4

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user and can't turn on the High Quality Streaming Option. The option is there, but it won't let me turn it on. I'm a Mac user.   Spotify version: 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9   Ma...
  • helpinghand
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New Desktop Design? How to get?

So just checked out my brothers spotify and it looks so different than mine. The player controls are centered not bottom left, and the design is much more high contrast. My spotify is the normal way. How do i get this? I've tried uninstalling and rei...

• So just checked out my brothers spotify and it looks so different than mine. The player controls are centered not bottom left, and the design is much more high contrast. My spotify is the normal way....
  • AndreasB1984
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion

Hello, Does anyone know if the latest Mac client 0.8.4.107 will run on Mountain Lion? The new OS should be available tomorrow. Thanks, Phil

• Roadie
  • Hello,   Does anyone know if the latest Mac client 0.8.4.107 will run on Mountain Lion?  The new OS should be available tomorrow.     Thanks, Phil
  • chiaradefino31
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont let me get the family plan!?!?!!!

Every time I go to upgrade it tell me it's not support at this time?????

• Every time I go to upgrade it tell me it's not support at this time?????
  • jlee1420
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify crashes seconds after starting

As soon as the Spotify app got updated yesterday, it crashes after opening. If I reinstall it, it works until it gets the update again. Current version: 1.0.41.375.g040056ca

• Visitor
  • As soon as the Spotify app got updated yesterday, it crashes after opening.   If I reinstall it, it works until it gets the update again.   Current version: 1.0.41.375.g040056ca 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums in 'Your Music' can not 'Saved'?

HiThere is something I do not understand. I have saved a lot of albums through the time. I have done that by pressing the 'Save' button. They show up under Albums in 'Your Music. However, when I click on the albums and goes the the album page they ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There is something I do not understand. I have saved a lot of albums through the time. I have done that by pressing the 'Save' button. They show up under Albums in 'Your Music. However, when I cl...
  • AnKAA
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song"

For the last several weeks I've been having issues with Spotify not working correctly for several reasons: 1. When I click a song, it will play for about 7 seconds then automatically skip to the next song. 2. A song will play until about the last 10 ...

• For the last several weeks I've been having issues with Spotify not working correctly for several reasons:   1. When I click a song, it will play for about 7 seconds then automatically skip to...
  • IverN
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play current track - ERROR

Hi there, Since a few days spotify won't play some of the tracks in my playlists at my Macbook. The same songs will play at my iPhone. Macbook and iPhone are connected with the same WIFI-network. I have Spotify Premium and even when I disable 'Stream...

• Hi there,   Since a few days spotify won't play some of the tracks in my playlists at my Macbook. The same songs will play at my iPhone. Macbook and iPhone are connected with the same WIFI-net...
  • psi2u2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Beebping in sertain songs.

So i recently found this new song on spotify but in one part of the song there is a consistant beeping noise. The beeping sound only occurs at that one part. I just wondered if it's supose to be there or if you can fix it in any way.

• So i recently found this new song on spotify but in one part of the song there is a consistant beeping noise. The beeping sound only occurs at that one part. I just wondered if it's supose to be ther...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio for new artist.

Hi, we have a new artist on Spotify, but the Artist Radio fucntion doesn't work. I'm assuming it becasue there isn't enough data to create a station? Does anyone know how to get an Artist Radio started?

• Hi, we have a new artist on Spotify, but the Artist Radio fucntion doesn't work. I'm assuming it becasue there isn't enough data to create a station? Does anyone know how to get an Artist Radio start...
  • AndrewHinds
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Mac: Flag "Can't play the current track" for almost all songs

Almost all of songs that I want to play will not play. When attempting to play a green bar pops up at the top of the application that has a flag and then "Can't play the current track". This occurs not only for playlists I've made but the Radio featu...

• Almost all of songs that I want to play will not play. When attempting to play a green bar pops up at the top of the application that has a flag and then "Can't play the current track". This occurs n...
  • simsharala
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes

Deleting songs from a LARGE playlist

I'm very confused as I've seen this issue mentioned over and over again for years, yet Spotify has not fixed it. The problem is if you're listening to a large playlist (my "starred" is over 3k songs) you cannot delete a specific song very easily from...

• I'm very confused as I've seen this issue mentioned over and over again for years, yet Spotify has not fixed it. The problem is if you're listening to a large playlist (my "starred" is over 3k songs)...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Add up next problem

I have a really annoying problem. One week ago or so, I added an album up next. After that it reappeard every time I open Spotify. When I start a playlist, the first song is played, and then this album starts. I have to go in an delete it from up nex...

• Regular
  • I have a really annoying problem. One week ago or so, I added an album up next. After that it reappeard every time I open Spotify. When I start a playlist, the first song is played, and then this alb...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Library gradually disappears until I reinstall.

I'm having this problem where over the course of a couple months songs from albums in my library will stop appearing. (If I click the album, then click "view full album" they exist, so it's just that they've been removed from my library, not from Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having this problem where over the course of a couple months songs from albums in my library will stop appearing. (If I click the album, then click "view full album" they exist, so it's just that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound anymore when changing output device (internal speakers vs. bluetooth) [OSX]

Dear, I'm having issue with my sound from Spotify, when I change the output device on my Macbook (OSX 10.10.2) from internal speakers to my bluetooth audio set for the 2nd time, the sound from Spotify gets lost. Other sounds from my Macbook still wor...

• Regular
  • Dear,   I'm having issue with my sound from Spotify, when I change the output device on my Macbook (OSX 10.10.2) from internal speakers to my bluetooth audio set for the 2nd time, the sound fr...
  • bibipov
  • Casual Listener
  • 40 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 40 replies
  • 2 likes

Promo voume not normalized

I understand than promo in free mode are important, but there is too much difference of volume when promo start, i must to decrease volume almost of 30-40%!! Pls fix!!

• Casual Listener
  • I understand than promo in free mode are important, but there is too much difference of volume when promo start, i must to decrease volume almost of 30-40%!! Pls fix!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify injected with adware

Whenever I click on a playlist from the browse menu, it launches a pop-up on my browser. During normal browsing also, if spotify is on, it launches pop-ups. I downloaded my copy of spotify from the official website, I don't know why this is happening...

• Regular
  • Whenever I click on a playlist from the browse menu, it launches a pop-up on my browser. During normal browsing also, if spotify is on, it launches pop-ups. I downloaded my copy of spotify from the o...
  • MMBrown
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

My "songs" list is empty again

My "Songs" playlist was blank. I looked it up here and someone said to uninstall/ reinstall the app. I did which brough my songs back. Went to lunch and came back. Spotify had closed on its own and upon re-launch, my "Songs" playlist is blank again. ...

• Casual Listener
  • My "Songs" playlist was blank. I looked it up here and someone said to uninstall/ reinstall the app. I did which brough my songs back. Went to lunch and came back. Spotify had closed on its own and u...
  • hexarobi
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are you installing malware (adware) with your application for Mac OS X?

Getting this pop up regularly once I installed the Spotify application for Mac: http://ar.voicefive.com/global/invite/inv_1_pop.htm?&recruitFrequency=1&pid=p304701435&prad=113352898&ar_c=62147030&methodology=3&inv=pop_up_inv_1&grp=1&location=http%3A%...

• Casual Listener
  • Getting this pop up regularly once I installed the Spotify application for Mac:   http://ar.voicefive.com/global/invite/inv_1_pop.htm?&recruitFrequency=1&pid=p304701435&prad=113352...
  • KkThxBye
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Local files has music saved twice

Hi everybody, I have some problems with my local files. I synced my selected maps in local files but now I seem to have duplicates of all numbers in this list. I can't seem to delete the numbers. I can't find an option to find the duplicates either. ...

• Hi everybody,   I have some problems with my local files. I synced my selected maps in local files but now I seem to have duplicates of all numbers in this list. I can't seem to delete the num...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes