Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

following list bugs

on desktop for mac client, not seeing an option for people i'm following anywhere, can see followed section on profile, but following section has disappeared. it still shows up on mobile, but it says i am following zero people, and i know i am follow...

• on desktop for mac client, not seeing an option for people i'm following anywhere, can see followed section on profile, but following section has disappeared. it still shows up on mobile, but it says...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline access has been withdrawn

Hi. I have been using spotify for many years (and premium every few months,i got the most recent premium in November for 3 months), I have 3 devices that I use for offline access. I was preparing my music in a playlist for a large car trip for the ne...

• Hi.   I have been using spotify for many years (and premium every few months,i got the most recent premium in November for 3 months), I have 3 devices that I use for offline access.   I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open

I have been using the Spotify desktop app for my Macbook Air for months now and it's worked great. Suddenly a few days ago it just refused to open. When I try I get the beach ball and eventually Spotify stops responding and I have to Force Quit it. I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using the Spotify desktop app for my Macbook Air for months now and it's worked great. Suddenly a few days ago it just refused to open. When I try I get the beach ball and eventually Spot...
  • djbacon1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dear Spotify: A Thoughtful Critique

To whom it may concern (and if you're a Spotify fan, it concerns us all): For starters, both iPhone and iPad versions seem rock-solid: no complaints. The desktop (Mac) version, however, seems to have been designed with lopsided priorities in place. W...

• Music Fan
  • To whom it may concern (and if you're a Spotify fan, it concerns us all):    For starters, both iPhone and iPad versions seem rock-solid: no complaints.   The desktop (Mac) version...
  • kingtuttoo
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Dr dre Beats wireless controls on Mac OSX

The buttons on the side of the headset do not work with Spotify (eg, play/pause, skip, etc); is there a way to enable this? I'm using OSX, and use these headphones for listening to music. I found a post 11 months old regarding the same problem, when ...

• The buttons on the side of the headset do not work with Spotify (eg, play/pause, skip, etc); is there a way to enable this?  I'm using OSX, and use these headphones for listening to music. ...
  • nastynatexvx
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Blend playlist option: a small variation on shuffle

If you are lazy or too busy and make a playlist from multiple whole albums (or nearly a whole album, minus that one song you hate), other than dragging each song in randomly (too complex), or physically rearranging them on the playlist page (no time)...

• Gig Goer
  • If you are lazy or too busy and make a playlist from multiple whole albums (or nearly a whole album, minus that one song you hate), other than dragging each song in randomly (too complex), or physica...
  • Pow808
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Social Feed

Salve a tutti, non riesco a vedere cosa ascoltano i miei amici nella barra laterale, non mi arrivano notifiche inerenti a persone che mi seguono, non ho la barra dei messaggi ne la "V" accanto al mio account. Se apro nella finestra a sinistra Social ...

• Salve a tutti, non riesco a vedere cosa ascoltano i miei amici nella barra laterale, non mi arrivano notifiche inerenti a persone che mi seguono, non ho la barra dei messaggi ne la "V" accanto al mio...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Random songs disappearing from "Your Music"

Has anyone else had this issue of songs that you know you had saved to "Your Music", sometimes for years, finding them all of a sudden missings? I'm not talking about songs that have been removed by labels or artists, those usually stay in "Your Musi...

• Casual Listener
  • Has anyone else had this issue of songs that you know you had saved to "Your Music", sometimes for years, finding them all of a sudden missings?   I'm not talking about songs that have been re...
  • ethericprism
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant Post to Facebook?

Really lame, I've connected and disconnected my facebook account several times but I still cant share anything to facebook. Everytime I click share, this window comes up like my account isn't linked. When in fact it is. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • Really lame, I've connected and disconnected my facebook account several times but I still cant share anything to facebook. Everytime I click share, this window comes up like my account isn't linked....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to upgrade from Premium to Premium family on itunes

I am trying to upgrade my account from Premium to Premium family. My current subscription is on itunes. Seems as if only way to do this through is to cancel current membership and then upgrade back to premium family. Surely there has to be another wa...

• I am trying to upgrade my account from Premium to Premium family. My current subscription is on itunes. Seems as if only way to do this through is to cancel current membership and then upgrade back t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How long to update playlists on another device?

So a friend has a playlist that he would like to share with me. http://open.spotify.com/user/1139070315/playlist/6XVd2kHED6TxL5FiKoX5WGThis link doesn't work. So I connected with him via spotify and the playlist isnt there. I did find this playlist t...

• So a friend has a playlist that he would like to share with me. http://open.spotify.com/user/1139070315/playlist/6XVd2kHED6TxL5FiKoX5WG This link doesn't work. So I connected with him via spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

login issue when trying to access from iphone

I'm trying to login on my iphone with facebook creditentials. the system says that facebook has been authorised already and then comes back to spotify page but nothing happen.It will only log in if connected to wifi and once is connected i will only ...

• I'm trying to login on my iphone with facebook creditentials. the system says that facebook has been authorised already and then comes back to spotify page but nothing happen. It will only log in if...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local mp3 file won't play due to "this song is not available."

The song is not on Spotify, so I have a local file of it. It syncs up and appears in Local Files but will not play because it says "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I tried it on offline mode, and ...

•  The song is not on Spotify, so I have a local file of it. It syncs up and appears in Local Files but will not play because it says "This song is not available. If you have the file on your comp...
  • Consti2tion
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Album repeating to Track 1 randomly

Over the past month, an album will jump back to track 1 and start over and the end of later tracks when I'm using Spotify on my Mac desktop app. I've updated Spotify at least once since this began but this issue still hasn't been fixed.

• Casual Listener
  • Over the past month, an album will jump back to track 1 and start over and the end of later tracks when I'm using Spotify on my Mac desktop app. I've updated Spotify at least once since this beg...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Album cover and song title freeze [Mac OS X]

Hello In the last two weeks I experienced that the album cover and the song title freeze after listening to a couple of songs or that the ad that was played before a song freezes. I attached a screenshot. I must mention that I deleted all the Spotify...

• Hello   In the last two weeks I experienced that the album cover and the song title freeze after listening to a couple of songs or that the ad that was played before a song freezes.  &nb...
  • Hakul
  • Regular
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify doesn't play the entire playlist

I have a playlist which has about 50 hours of music in it (give or take), however when i play it spotify seems to be grabbing a chunk of this (maybe 100 songs) and looping them, this is without repeat turned on.It also seems to do the same thing when...

• I have a playlist which has about 50 hours of music in it (give or take), however when i play it spotify seems to be grabbing a chunk of this (maybe 100 songs) and looping them, this is without repea...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs will play on desktop but not on my phone

Hello, I have looked at forums to see how this question has been addressed but all are a bit different. It appears that my local files which play fine on my computer (macbook pro) will not play on my phone. They are indicated to be downloaded as the ...

• Hello,    I have looked at forums to see how this question has been addressed but all are a bit different. It appears that my local files which play fine on my computer (macbook pro) will...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash after +- 1 minute CONSTANLY

Hi Spotify! I've got the newest Spotify on my Mac (El Capitan), but after about 1 minute / 30 seconds, Spotify closes itself. Now I'm able to listen to a song for 30 seconds if I'm quick. :l I tried deleting and reinstall Spotify, but the bug keeps e...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify!   I've got the newest Spotify on my Mac (El Capitan), but after about 1 minute / 30 seconds, Spotify closes itself. Now I'm able to listen to a song for 30 seconds if I'm quick. :l...
  • Madelon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "X More Releases" Missing

When I click on the "Album" for all of the songs by Rammstein in my library, I'm brought to the album's page as expected. However, this album is different from the album accessed from Rammstein's main page. Fore example, my "Rosenrot" goes here https...

• Casual Listener
  • When I click on the "Album" for all of the songs by Rammstein in my library, I'm brought to the album's page as expected. However, this album is different from the album accessed from Rammstein's mai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes