Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Browsing broken, constant updates

Recently my browsing functionality has completely broken. If I, for example, search for an artist and click the search result I can't get to the new artist page, or it loads the artist page and no tracks (just spinning wheel). Clicking on anything in...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently my browsing functionality has completely broken. If I, for example, search for an artist and click the search result I can't get to the new artist page, or it loads the artist page and no tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app is frozen on iPhone. Keeps saying 'waiting'

My spotify app is just saying waiting and i cannot access my music. Please advise what to do

• My spotify app is just saying waiting and i cannot access my music.  Please advise what to do
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Large Cover on screen?

Hallo,   are there a way to see the Cover large on screen?   mfG

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,   are there a way to see the Cover large on screen?   mfG
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! search results limited to 100?

hi there, i was wondering if you could clear something up for me regarding the results obtained via label search. as an example searching for label:"wackies" gives 100 tracks precisely; however looking at the results via albums/see all it seems that ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there,   i was wondering if you could clear something up for me regarding the results obtained via label search.   as an example searching for label:"wackies" gives 100 trac...
  • foxington
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing playlists from Spotify to PC/Android or vice versa

I have a Chromebook using Chrome OS which doesnt allow a desktop versoin to be downloaded, so how do i get my playlists from one to the other without having the device option in my Spotify.

• Regular
  • I have a Chromebook using Chrome OS which doesnt allow a desktop versoin to be downloaded, so how do i get my playlists from one to the other without having the device option in my Spotify.
  • Timmi7979
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [MAC] After I deleted my library folder for Spotify, I've been having issues.

I noticed the following issues after starting up Spotify shortly afterwards: - My starred playist is gone. It soon gave me 3 songs. (My library is kinda normal) - It crashes - The music stops randomly. It seems to continue playing the song if I comma...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed the following issues after starting up Spotify shortly afterwards:   - My starred playist is gone. It soon gave me 3 songs. (My library is kinda normal)   - It crashes &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on a managed (non administrator) Mac account, problems with web helper program

Hello, I use Spotify (Premium) on a Mac user account with restricted access to some programs and web pages to protect my children. Since app 5 days, the setup seems to have changed because the user has no right to use spotify web helper. Usually, the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I use Spotify (Premium) on a Mac user account with restricted access to some programs and web pages to protect my children. Since app 5 days, the setup seems to have changed because the user h...
  • spotonamac
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Spotify freezes (spinning ball)

After opening Spotify and moved 2/3 songs to a playlist, the whole app just freezes. version: 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 (crash dump attached, though it doesn't actually crash) Here is the ouput when running it from the commandline: 11:45:09.816 I [kindling....

• After opening Spotify and moved 2/3 songs to a playlist, the whole app just freezes.   version: 0.9.7.16.g4b197456   (crash dump attached, though it doesn't actually crash) &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain parts of tracks too quiet

In most songs the mix isn't correct as it is with the real thing. Certain solos/riffs/ parts are heard very distant in the background. Nothing is wrong with any speakers as this occurs on all platforms I use Spotify with. YouTube or direct mp3 files ...

• Visitor
  • In most songs the mix isn't correct as it is with the real thing. Certain solos/riffs/ parts are heard very distant in the background. Nothing is wrong with any speakers as this occurs on all platfor...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with subscribed playlist and next song

Hello, When i'm playing a song in a playlist i'm following (a spotify playlist for example), If i want to play the next song, Spotify always plays a song from a personal playlist and not from the followed playlist i'm currently listening. Does anyone...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello,   When i'm playing a song in a playlist i'm following (a spotify playlist for example), If i want to play the next song, Spotify always plays a song from a personal playlist ...
  • psxmax80
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see cast of singers

I often listen to opera recordings, which typically include a number of singers in the cast. Maybe I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out any way to identify all the singers in the cast. Sometimes the cast is shown on the cover of the a...

• Casual Listener
  • I often listen to opera recordings, which typically include a number of singers in the cast.   Maybe I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out any way to identify all the singers ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist artwork

Playlist artwork seems to be very inconsistent with local files for me. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. For example, I have a 2 CD set that I ripped today. I ripped the songs from the first disc, put them in a folder, added the folder to iT...

spotify2.png spotify3.png
  • Music Fan
  • Playlist artwork seems to be very inconsistent with local files for me. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. For example, I have a 2 CD set that I ripped today.    I ripped the son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to export playlist text from Spotify to itunes ?

Hey ! I have a trouble that I can't resolve and I hope you can help. A year ago, I have imported all my playlist from itunes to spotify and it works great in Spotify. Don't need anymore to use iTunes on my mac. But now I have a problem with iTunes. M...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey !    I have a trouble that I can't resolve and I hope you can help. A year ago, I have imported all my playlist from itunes to spotify and it works great in Spotify. Don't need an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

How many of the recommendations in Discovery section are in fact advertising?

Hi, I'm on a paid Spotify subscription for almost a year now. And every day - and I mean every single day - when I'm opening the desktop app, in the Discovery section, among other random recommendations, there is a message that one of my friends is l...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm on a paid Spotify subscription for almost a year now. And every day - and I mean every single day - when I'm opening the desktop app, in the Discovery section, among other random r...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Grey "offline" symbol on Mac

So, when I went to USA I made sure to click the "Available Offline" switch on 2 of my playlists but when one of them was finished it had a grey "offline" symbol on it instead of the regular green one. It still works offline however, first I thought t...

Offline mode
  • Roadie
  • So, when I went to USA I made sure to click the "Available Offline" switch on 2 of my playlists but when one of them was finished it had a grey "offline" symbol on it instead of the regular green one...
  • GnagarN
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync iphone to Mac Question

i've got all my music synced for offline availability on my iphone but not my mac. I don't want to redownload all of it again as there is about 7 gigs worth of music. Is there a way to get all the music off my iphone and onto spotify on my mac.

• Casual Listener
  • i've got all my music synced for offline availability on my iphone but not my mac. I don't want to redownload all of it again as there is about 7 gigs worth of music. Is there a way to get all the mu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song glitches/skips

Hi all, I've been trying to listen to the Vampire Weekend album 'Modern Vampires of the Modern City'. For a few tracks (Obvious Bicycle, Hudson and Young Lion), the first 5 seconds of the song plays as normal. After that the audio jumps to another pa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I've been trying to listen to the Vampire Weekend album 'Modern Vampires of the Modern City'. For a few tracks (Obvious Bicycle, Hudson and Young Lion), the first ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Year In Review help...

Hello! Not sure where to put this, but hopefully you guys can help. So I think the 2013 Spotify year in review thing is awesome and I would like to share my stats on Facebook. But when I generate my "card", it shows my username instead of my real nam...

• Hello! Not sure where to put this, but hopefully you guys can help.   So I think the 2013 Spotify year in review thing is awesome and I would like to share my stats on Facebook.   B...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can play local files on macbook, but not on phone.

I recently got a new iPhone 5S and have got it set up and everything is working fine. However, I cannot play local files on the phone but they do play on my macbook. The songs played on my 4S fine, but since getting the new phone when trying to play ...

• Visitor
  • I recently got a new iPhone 5S and have got it set up and everything is working fine. However, I cannot play local files on the phone but they do play on my macbook. The songs played on my 4S fine, b...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

1st track won't play (Mac)

Cannot get the first track of *most* albums to play. When selected, the speaker icon appears next to the track but no sound comes out and the track time at the bottom doesn't display anything. Usually the 2nd and remaining tracks will play but I rece...

• Gig Goer
  • Cannot get the first track of *most* albums to play.  When selected, the speaker icon appears next to the track but no sound comes out and the track time at the bottom doesn't display anything. ...
  • kthrynileen
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes