Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Flash player crashed

Hi... Efter my new upgrading I alwayes get crash report when I start Spotify , and adont now Y

• Hi... Efter my new upgrading I alwayes get crash report when I start Spotify , and adont now Y
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

stuck in offline mode even when taken off

Please help! I take off offline mode using preferences. Despite it saying it is not on there it continues to say I am in offline mode. I have redownloaded it multiple times, and have given up multiple times. Please help, I can't use spotify anymore a...

• Please help! I take off offline mode using preferences. Despite it saying it is not on there it continues to say I am in offline mode. I have redownloaded it multiple times, and have given up multipl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Preventing Spotify from updating [Mac]

Hello. I am very displeased with the new look, because I find the texts and titles too large. I much prefer the old, minimalistic look. I've downloaded an older version (0.8.5), which I am very happy with, but every time I open Spotify, the newest ve...

• Hello.   I am very displeased with the new look, because I find the texts and titles too large. I much prefer the old, minimalistic look. I've downloaded an older version (0.8.5), which I am...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unexplained downgrade to free access?

I'm still paying and have a profile but the app says I need to upgrade to premium.. I've been on it for a month and a half or so.. No clue how this works, I just want the access and service I'm paying for

• Casual Listener
  • I'm still paying and have a profile but the app says I need to upgrade to premium.. I've been on it for a month and a half or so.. No clue how this works, I just want the access and service I'm payin...
  • Purple_Hazer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing stars in new Spotify version!

There's a HUGE oversight in 0.9.8, that I hope isn't final. In Artist, Album, Artist top track, etc views, there's no Star column!! It's been removed. The main reason I hate using the iPad and iPhone apps is you never show stars next to tracks, and i...

• Music Fan
  • There's a HUGE oversight in 0.9.8, that I hope isn't final. In Artist, Album, Artist top track, etc views, there's no Star column!! It's been removed. The main reason I hate using the iPad and iPhone...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 37 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Mac
  • 37 replies
  • 33 likes

[Bug] Repeated last song when an ad is played at the end of the play queue

I have noticed this bug on at least the mac version (in both the new dark version as well as the previous version). When your Play Queue ends and an ad is played the last song is then repeated, this does not happen when no ad is played so it seems as...

• Regular
  • I have noticed this bug on at least the mac version (in both the new dark version as well as the previous version).   When your Play Queue ends and an ad is played the last song is then repe...
  • UncleAcid
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't show already discover tab content. Mac os

Description Don't show already discover tabcontent. Just spinnig wheel. At the same time it works on ios version of the spotify on my iphone. Same wi-fi on macbook and iphone. Other features works correctly. A more detailed description, using numbere...

• Casual Listener
  •   Description Don't show already discover tabcontent. Just spinnig wheel. At the same time it works on ios version of the spotify on my iphone. Same wi-fi on macbook and iphone. Other featur...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify and facebook question

So i signed up for spotify using my facebook account. I no longer want to use facebook, i want to delete my account. How do i keep my spotify account without facebook?

• Visitor
  • So i signed up for spotify using my facebook account. I no longer want to use facebook, i want to delete my account. How do i keep my spotify account without facebook?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Finding Playlist Bug?

Hi everyone, I'm posting this here because I'm unable to post in the "Bugs" section. I'm working on OS X 10.9. After listening to an advertisement which pointed to a new playlist "Taste the summer" and being half a second too late to click on the ban...

Screenshot 1.png Screenshot 2.png
  • Hi everyone,   I'm posting this here because I'm unable to post in the "Bugs" section. I'm working on OS X 10.9. After listening to an advertisement which pointed to a new playlist "Taste th...
  • pnc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all followers and playlists

I just signed into Spotify after a few day of being away and now all playlists and friends (followers and following) are gone. Please help

• I just signed into Spotify after a few day of being away and now all playlists and friends (followers and following) are gone.   Please help
  • kkf
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Speed, friends and facebook

So I am currently having trouble with spotify across multiple platforms. On my Mac Air OSX 10.9.2: - The program runs incredibly slow, this is true even after turning off local content searching and clearing the cache and program support files found ...

• So I am currently having trouble with spotify across multiple platforms. On my Mac Air OSX 10.9.2: - The program runs incredibly slow, this is true even after turning off local content searchin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! The Browse function

I love the "Browse" function in the web-based Spotify app, but I am simply not able to find it in my desktop app. How can I save the same playlists in my desktop app that I follow online? This should happen automatically via their servers, but it doe...

• I love the "Browse" function in the web-based Spotify app, but I am simply  not able to find it in my desktop app. How can I save the same playlists in my desktop app that I follow online? This ...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are lost in my playlist

My Star's (selection) playlist goes down (number decreases) a few months ago. And yesterday the number decreases about one (566 > 565). Can you help me to refined the songs ?Maybe I removed the songs by accident or you removes them for legal reasons ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Star's (selection) playlist goes down (number decreases) a few months ago. And yesterday the number decreases about one (566 > 565). Can you help me to refined the songs ? Maybe I removed th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes as soon as I open it, on Mac

So like it says, as soon as I open my spotify app on my Mac, it crashes. Before, the login keychain thing that plagues mac computers came up and asked me to put my password in for the keychain, for spotify to remember. I didn't know my login password...

• Music Fan
  • So like it says, as soon as I open my spotify app on my Mac, it crashes. Before, the login keychain thing that plagues mac computers came up and asked me to put my password in for the keychain, for s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium does not work after moving to another country

Hey girls and guys, six week ago I moved from Germany to Austria. I am using Spotify Premium since 08/12 and it always worked perfectly. But now - after six weeks in Austria - it says, that my 14-day-limit for travelling is over. But I do not have a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey girls and guys,   six week ago I moved from Germany to Austria. I am using Spotify Premium since 08/12 and it always worked perfectly. But now - after six weeks in Austria - it says, tha...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Mac] Spotify Helper forces MBP to use dedicated video card -> battery drain

Dear Spotify Community, Ever since I got my new MBP, I installed a little app (gfxCardStatus v.2.3) which show which is the currently used GPU. When I'm travelling I try to use my integrated graphics card - so that I can conserve battery power. Unfor...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify Community,    Ever since I got my new MBP, I installed a little app (gfxCardStatus v.2.3) which show which is the currently used GPU. When I'm travelling I try to use my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Album not available in United States

Hi I want to pay my subscription in Dollars because I live on the small Island Curacao and our currency is also Dollars. So I set my Location as USA but now i cant find a lot of famous dutch hiphop artists like Opposites and Fresku. The thing is i ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I want to pay my subscription in Dollars because I live on the small Island Curacao and our currency is also Dollars.   So I set my Location as USA but now i cant find a lot of...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred songs have all disappeared!

HI, I had to long out and back in on my spotify account, I'm not sure what did but it looks like my whole account (which ive had for a couple of years) has been wiped! Like it is a new account. My account and facebook connection is still the same but...

• HI,   I had to long out and back in on my spotify account, I'm not sure what did but it looks like my whole account (which ive had for a couple of years) has been wiped! Like it is a new acc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from Long Playlists

Whenever I add new albums to my "check out" playlist--which is about 3900 total songs at this point--the desktop app freezes and I get the spinning ball of death. However, if I force quite and then re-add the same album it works, but then breaks when...

• Regular
  • Whenever I add new albums to my "check out" playlist--which is about 3900 total songs at this point--the desktop app freezes and I get the spinning ball of death. However, if I force quite and then r...
  • Becalmed
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes