Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

How many of the recommendations in Discovery section are in fact advertising?

Hi, I'm on a paid Spotify subscription for almost a year now. And every day - and I mean every single day - when I'm opening the desktop app, in the Discovery section, among other random recommendations, there is a message that one of my friends is l...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm on a paid Spotify subscription for almost a year now. And every day - and I mean every single day - when I'm opening the desktop app, in the Discovery section, among other random r...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Grey "offline" symbol on Mac

So, when I went to USA I made sure to click the "Available Offline" switch on 2 of my playlists but when one of them was finished it had a grey "offline" symbol on it instead of the regular green one. It still works offline however, first I thought t...

Offline mode
  • Roadie
  • So, when I went to USA I made sure to click the "Available Offline" switch on 2 of my playlists but when one of them was finished it had a grey "offline" symbol on it instead of the regular green one...
  • GnagarN
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync iphone to Mac Question

i've got all my music synced for offline availability on my iphone but not my mac. I don't want to redownload all of it again as there is about 7 gigs worth of music. Is there a way to get all the music off my iphone and onto spotify on my mac.

• Casual Listener
  • i've got all my music synced for offline availability on my iphone but not my mac. I don't want to redownload all of it again as there is about 7 gigs worth of music. Is there a way to get all the mu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song glitches/skips

Hi all, I've been trying to listen to the Vampire Weekend album 'Modern Vampires of the Modern City'. For a few tracks (Obvious Bicycle, Hudson and Young Lion), the first 5 seconds of the song plays as normal. After that the audio jumps to another pa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I've been trying to listen to the Vampire Weekend album 'Modern Vampires of the Modern City'. For a few tracks (Obvious Bicycle, Hudson and Young Lion), the first ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Year In Review help...

Hello! Not sure where to put this, but hopefully you guys can help. So I think the 2013 Spotify year in review thing is awesome and I would like to share my stats on Facebook. But when I generate my "card", it shows my username instead of my real nam...

• Hello! Not sure where to put this, but hopefully you guys can help.   So I think the 2013 Spotify year in review thing is awesome and I would like to share my stats on Facebook.   B...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can play local files on macbook, but not on phone.

I recently got a new iPhone 5S and have got it set up and everything is working fine. However, I cannot play local files on the phone but they do play on my macbook. The songs played on my 4S fine, but since getting the new phone when trying to play ...

• Visitor
  • I recently got a new iPhone 5S and have got it set up and everything is working fine. However, I cannot play local files on the phone but they do play on my macbook. The songs played on my 4S fine, b...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

1st track won't play (Mac)

Cannot get the first track of *most* albums to play. When selected, the speaker icon appears next to the track but no sound comes out and the track time at the bottom doesn't display anything. Usually the 2nd and remaining tracks will play but I rece...

• Gig Goer
  • Cannot get the first track of *most* albums to play.  When selected, the speaker icon appears next to the track but no sound comes out and the track time at the bottom doesn't display anything. ...
  • kthrynileen
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disconnect other phones

I need one f the iPhones connected to my spotify account removed please help x

• Visitor
  • I need one f the iPhones connected to my spotify account removed please help x
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared playlist

If I have a playlist that someone shared with me and they delete it from their account, will I still have it or will it disappear?

• If I have a playlist that someone shared with me and they delete it from their account, will I still have it or will it disappear?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Feature request: Mac Desktop client does not support Magic Mouse/trackpad gestures

Hi, this is a feature request, I guess. Most mac apps allow you to swipe left on your trackpad or magic mouse to go back (or swipe right to go forward). Spotify doesn't do this. Version 0.9.6.72.ge329c074 on OSX 10.9 on a retina macbook pro. Also, I ...

• Hi,    this is a feature request, I guess.   Most mac apps allow you to swipe left on your trackpad or magic mouse to go back (or swipe right to go forward).    S...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Trouble reinstalling Spotify on Mac OSX 10.5.8

I have an issue that I have not yet read about in any of these threads. I've had Spotify on my Mac OSX 10.5.8 for years. I am currently working on a school project for a class on Music in Social Media, which requires me to use the Discover feature an...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an issue that I have not yet read about in any of these threads.  I've had Spotify on my Mac OSX 10.5.8 for years.  I am currently working on a school project for a class on Music in...
  • mrjoshuaadam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Remaining seconds of the current song

When I use Spotify for OS X and play a song, i can click on the duration of the current song at the right bottom corner. Then it shows me the remaining minutes of the played song. This is the option I want to be showed permanently. But when I restart...

• Visitor
  • When I use Spotify for OS X and play a song, i can click on the duration of the current song at the right bottom corner. Then it shows me the remaining minutes of the played song. This is the option ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Hiding activity: does not work

I would like to hide my activity on Spotify. Specifically, I do not want people to see what I'm listening to, even when they are not following me. I went to preferences and unchecked: "share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spoti...

• ...nchecked: "share my activity and what I listen to with my followers on Spotify" "share my activity and what I listen to on Facebook" "automatically make new playlists public" "make my top t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity feed not working

I am following many people on Spotify, but my Activity Feed has been blank for the past couple of weeks. Nothing is appearing. I also have Spotify downloaded at work, and when I use it at work my Activity Feed works fine. It is ony on my home Mac lap...

• I am following many people on Spotify, but my Activity Feed has been blank for the past couple of weeks. Nothing is appearing.    I also have Spotify downloaded at work, and when I use ...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify upgrade message shows every time i restart; won't install upgrade

I get a blue ribbon at the top of my Spotify desktop app that says: "Like to install the latest version of Spotify? Just restart Spotify to upgrade." I click the link to upgrade and restart Spotify and the app closes and re-opens as one would expect,...

• Casual Listener
  • I get a blue ribbon at the top of my Spotify desktop app that says:   "Like to install the latest version of Spotify? Just restart Spotify to upgrade."   I click the link to upgrade...
  • bsonenstein
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Attempting to upgrade to premium issues

Every time I click on Premium to upgrade, this error pops up. {"status":70,"message":"Missing form data","errors":{"username":{"status":70,"message":"Missing"},"confirm_email":{"status":70,"message":"Missing"},"gender":{"status":70,"message":"Missing...

• Every time I click on Premium to upgrade, this error pops up.   {"status":70,"message":"Missing form data","errors":{"username":{"status":70,"message":"Missing"},"confirm_email":{"status":70...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlist

Hey! I accidentally deleted a playlist called something like : Final Stretch of '13 or Final Stretch of 2k13 Can you help me?

• Hey! I accidentally deleted a playlist called something like : Final Stretch of '13  or Final Stretch of 2k13 Can you help me?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Airplay problems only in Spotify (Mac 10.9)

Hey, I have this issue a very long time, I tried a lot and nothing helped.When I want to stream music from the Mac via Spotify, I only hear the first two seconds and then it stops. I use Mac OS X 10.9 and the latest available version of spotify.This ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I have this issue a very long time, I tried a lot and nothing helped. When I want to stream music from the Mac via Spotify, I only hear the first two seconds and then it stops. I use Mac OS X...
  • klafkid
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding albums doesn't automatically make them playlists anymore

It used to be when I added an album, it appeared as a playlist. Now it's 'in my collection', which is all good except it's really convuluted getting to these albums now since I have to click a few times to get there. Also for mobile, I have to go to ...

• Regular
  • It used to be when I added an album, it appeared as a playlist. Now it's 'in my collection', which is all good except it's really convuluted getting to these albums now since I have to click a few ti...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting playlists

I know this issue has been discussed countless times, but what is the reluctance to implement the very simple act of sorting playlists alphabetically, chronologically, etc? It's incredibly frustrating not being able to manage my playlists effectively...

• Visitor
  • I know this issue has been discussed countless times, but what is the reluctance to implement the very simple act of sorting playlists alphabetically, chronologically, etc?   It's incredibly...
  • justgivemeawork
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes