Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Following Playlist during Private Session still posts to Facebook?

I typically enjoy sharing my listening activity with facebook, but recently wanted to follow a playlist without the activity being shared on facebook (to protect the privacy of the playlist author, who doesn't want any of their activity to be shared ...

• I typically enjoy sharing my listening activity with facebook, but recently wanted to follow a playlist without the activity being shared on facebook (to protect the privacy of the playlist author, w...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes instantly after login. Mac 10.8.4

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description I've just got a new Mac Mini and copied my old system (running 10.6.8) over to it using Time Machine. Spotify app crashes immediately after it asks for my username and password. After I've input my username and p...

• Casual Listener
  •  === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description I've just got a new Mac Mini and copied my old system (running 10.6.8) over to it using Time Machine. Spotify app crashes immediately after it...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Right-clicking a playlist and making it available offline doesn't move the slider

Using Spotify for Mac v0.9.7.16.g4b197456. When I right-click the playlist I'm currently viewing in the sidebar and make it available offline, the slider to do the same in the playlist view doesn't change. Minor, minor bug, but it does indicate a pot...

• Casual Listener
  • Using Spotify for Mac v0.9.7.16.g4b197456. When I right-click the playlist I'm currently viewing in the sidebar and make it available offline, the slider to do the same in the playlist view doesn't c...
  • dpogg1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Clearly incorrect audio playing for this album:

Igor Stravinsky – Stravinsky Conducts Stravinsky (1951-1957) I've only listened to it using the Mac Desktop client so I posted here. I'm getting a completely different album than I expected.

• Visitor
  • Igor Stravinsky – Stravinsky Conducts Stravinsky (1951-1957)   I've only listened to it using the Mac Desktop client so I posted here.   I'm getting a completely different album tha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing a playlist

Hey guys! So I'm trying to figure out if there's any way you can share a playlist but make it private so that only you and the person you shared it with can see it? I didn't know if I tried simply sharing a private playlist, if they would be able to ...

• Hey guys!    So I'm trying to figure out if there's any way you can share a playlist but make it private so that only you and the person you shared it with can see it? I didn't know if ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cosmic Psychos - Self Totalled (Wrong music for the album)

No idea if this is the right place to post but oh well hopefully some one can help out. The Artist Cosmic Psychos have an album called Selft Totalled. It's listed on spotify but when you got to play the tracks the music is something completely differ...

• No idea if this is the right place to post but oh well hopefully some one can help out.   The Artist Cosmic Psychos have an album called Selft Totalled. It's listed on spotify but when you g...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't open Spotify, it keeps crashing, and no one at Spotify has responded to help. Awesome!

For about a month now, I havent been able to open my Spotify. I click the icon on the dock, and it bounces as if it was going to open, and before it does, I get a message saying "The application Spotify quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X and other applicati...

• Casual Listener
  • For about a month now, I havent been able to open my Spotify. I click the icon on the dock, and it bounces as if it was going to open, and before it does, I get a message saying "The application Spot...
  • Funkydef
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 26 replies
  • 2 likes

MAC: Local Files Don't Play Suddenly

I've done my fair research on the boards here, though have yet to find a solution that has worked for me, so I figured I'd state my issue specificly. My local files suddenly don't play in spotify. Local files that spotify happens to also provide in t...

• Regular
  • I've done my fair research on the boards here, though have yet to find a solution that has worked for me, so I figured I'd state my issue specificly.   My local files suddenly don't play in ...
  • gwilliams326
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't install spotify on my mac.

I had to delete Spotify from my Mac, and re install it, because it was crashing. Every time I re download, and after the instalation, I open the app and it crashes, I have to Force Quit or sometimes it just quits by itself. WHAT CAN I DO???

• Casual Listener
  • I had to delete Spotify from my Mac, and re install it, because it was crashing. Every time I re download, and after the instalation, I open the app and it crashes, I have to Force Quit or sometimes ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted starred tracks

Are any of the moderators able to reset my starred tracks? I accidentally deleted them.

• Are any of the moderators able to reset my starred tracks?  I accidentally deleted them.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Won't start all of a sudden. Mac OX 10.7.4

When I try to open spotify it bounces once in my dock and does nothing. No crash report, it just refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling.

• When I try to open spotify it bounces once in my dock and does nothing. No crash report, it just refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling. 
  • graceyu
  • 133 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 133 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't launch - Mac 10.7.5

I've read thru other similar posts, and tried some of the suggestions, but nothing is working for me. The other posts are older so I'm hoping for newer info... Spotify was working perfectly until a couple days ago. My computer crashed and after reboo...

• Visitor
  • I've read thru other similar posts, and tried some of the suggestions, but nothing is working for me.  The other posts are older so I'm hoping for newer info...   Spotify was working pe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify for Mac OS X won't open/takes too long to open

When I try and start up the spotify program for OS X, I get the login box, but then the spinning wheel freezes and mousing over the login box changes my cursor to the spinning pinwheel symbol. Sometimes, the program does open after a disturbingly lon...

• When I try and start up the spotify program for OS X, I get the login box, but then the spinning wheel freezes and mousing over the login box changes my cursor to the spinning pinwheel symbol. Someti...
  • colinize
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Unnecessary registration

This web site knows my account name when I visit, but still requires that I register an account to file an issue. Unnecessary and awkward when your users take the trouble to notify you of software faults. On registration, the site could fill in my sp...

• Casual Listener
  • This web site knows my account name when I visit, but still requires that I register an account to file an issue. Unnecessary and awkward when your users take the trouble to notify you of software fa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads now 33% of Air Time - 50% of time music plays

Hello- The day Spotify offered Spotify Free on moble devices the ads on my desktop Spotify Free client program increased expotentially. I now get ads after just about every song and the ads are easily 50% of the time the music, making ads now 33% of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello- The day Spotify offered Spotify Free on moble devices the ads on my desktop Spotify Free client program increased expotentially. I now get  ads after just about every song and t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't update from version 0.9.6.81

I have Spotify 0.9.8.61 - my version screen https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi8il6su9r6rq7a/Zrzut%20ekranu%202014-02-04%2023.50.03.jpg As you can see, the client tells me, that new version is waiting for me, but after reboot of the client the mesage appear...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify 0.9.8.61 - my version screen https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi8il6su9r6rq7a/Zrzut%20ekranu%202014-02-04%2023.50.03.jpg   As you can see, the client tells me, that new version is ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac OS] Spotify keeps crashing instantly on launch

I was running Spotify on my Mac (Version 10.8.5) and today I went to open the application and it just kept crashing within seconds of opening. I followed all of the instructions to delete the application and found that there were no folders in the /l...

• Casual Listener
  • I was running Spotify on my Mac (Version 10.8.5) and today I went to open the application and it just kept crashing within seconds of opening. I followed all of the instructions to delete the applica...
  • pvelazquez89
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Accidently deleted starred from Facebook

I made a big mistake and deleted all my starred activity from my Facebook. How do I (is is possible to) bring that back? It only shows the last two I starred, when I had ca. 2500 going. Thanks for your help!!

• I made a big mistake and deleted all my starred activity from my Facebook. How do I (is is possible to) bring that back? It only shows the last two I starred, when I had ca. 2500 going. 😞   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files -- Adding Art Work

Is there anyway I can add art work to a Local file? The album I have added is not on Spotify and the album did not have any art work attached. Basically I've added a language course and would just like to add some art work instead of the rather bland...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there anyway I can add art work to a Local file?   The album I have added is not on Spotify and the album did not have any art work attached.   Basically I've added a language co...
  • Mangeolles
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac desktop - Gapless only works after rechecking box after startup

Hi folks, I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63) with the Darwin 11.4.2 kernel with version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 of Spotify. When I first start Spotify up (With a computer restart or otherwise), gapless playback doesn't work - there is an audible pause be...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks,   I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63) with the Darwin 11.4.2 kernel with version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 of Spotify.   When I first start Spotify up (With a computer restart or...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes