Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

BUG REPORT, NO NEED TO GIVE TEMPORARY FIX FEEDBACK -- OS X 10.9.3 Spotify v 0.9.10.14.g578d350b

This isn't much of a bother to me. I would just like to submit a bug report to help you better your product—and cannot find anywhere else to do so. But I often open spotify earlier in the day, listen to, pause it for awhile an hour or two while doing...

• This isn't much of a bother to me. I would just like to submit a bug report to help you better your product—and cannot find anywhere else to do so. But I often open spotify earlier in the day, listen...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changelog for Mac Spotify Desktop 0.9.10.14?

Spotify just updated to version 0.9.10.14 on my Mac desktop app. It looks like all the threads with release notes are out of date. Does anyone know what the update included? Also, does anyone know why the release notes are no longer posted regularly?...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify just updated to version 0.9.10.14 on my Mac desktop app. It looks like all the threads with release notes are out of date. Does anyone know what the update included?   Also, does any...
  • trippin7464
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Automatic sharing on Facebook

Hey all, new to the Spotify Community. Living in Brazil, using spotify by invitation supposedly. Can I configure my windows/mac desktop app to automatically share all songs I listen to on mu Facebook page? As of now, the sharing feature works only if...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all, new to the Spotify Community. Living in Brazil, using spotify by invitation supposedly. Can I configure my windows/mac desktop app to automatically share all songs I listen to on mu Facebo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify-Updates do not overwrite the last version on Mac

You write in your help section, that most problems with installation and upgrade happen because of right problems. All right. That has to be the reason why Spotify is installing every upgrade in ~/Applications instead of /Applications. So, I'm starti...

• Casual Listener
  • You write in your help section, that most problems with installation and upgrade happen because of right problems. All right. That has to be the reason why Spotify is installing every upgrade in ~/Ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify CRASHES as soon as it opens MAC OS X 10.8.4

Spotify keeps crashing when i open it! was working fine yesterday, now i can't even open it, have to force quit every time it launches! Seems this defect has been around for a while and no fix yet! what is going on? Not happy about paying for a servi...

• Regular
  • Spotify keeps crashing when i open it! was working fine yesterday, now i can't even open it, have to force quit every time it launches!   Seems this defect has been around for a while and no...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 44 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 1 likes

Not All of an Artist Songs Appear Under Their Name in My Music

I have been trying to add my music from my playlist to My Music. However, not all of the songs are appearing under the artist even after it says it has been added. For example, I have the Artist 3 Doors Down, I add all of the 5 songs I have from that...

• Regular
  • I have been trying to add my music from my playlist to My Music. However, not all of the songs are appearing under the artist even after it says it has been added. For example, I have the Artist 3 Do...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

can't find no more my loveley song

Hi, I tagged one of my favorite song in my playlist. Now I could not play it. Please help! Louis Armstrong – The Creator Has a Master Plan Regards Ras

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I tagged one of my favorite song in my playlist. Now I could not play it. Please help!   Louis Armstrong – The Creator Has a Master Plan   Regards Ras
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote control.

How can i controll my iphone spotify with my mac os x soptify application? the new spotify version is very confusion, i don't get it anymore. thanks for help!

• Casual Listener
  • How can i controll my iphone spotify with my mac os x soptify application? the new spotify version is very confusion, i don't get it anymore. thanks for help!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mac OS 10.7.5 version breaks F7 and F9 backwards and forwards keys

I can't use the F9 key anymore to skip to the next song. Instead, it jumps to the beginning of the song already playing. Really annoying.

• Visitor
  • I can't use the F9 key anymore to skip to the next song. Instead, it jumps to the beginning of the song already playing. Really annoying.
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do some local tracks no longer appear in starred list?

Alot of my playlists contain a mixture of spotify tracks and local tracks (usually bonus tracks from albums I have on CD, but aren't on your library). For some reason, apparently at random, some of these local tracks (all mp3s) the Artist and Album i...

• Regular
  • Alot of my playlists contain a mixture of spotify tracks and local tracks (usually bonus tracks from albums I have on CD, but aren't on your library). For some reason, apparently at random, some of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing

Everytime I open the Spotify desktop app, it crashes after 2 seconds. It has been like that for 4 days now. By the way, I am using a Mac.

• Roadie
  • Everytime I open the Spotify desktop app, it crashes after 2 seconds. It has been like that for 4 days now. By the way, I am using a Mac.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Mountain Lion 10.8.5, notifications?

What changed? I can no longer see my notifications on this version (0.9.8.296.g91f68827) when a user subscribes to one of my playlists or follows me. The application while in the dock no longer displays them, if I turn to the program my notifications...

• Music Fan
  • What changed? I can no longer see my notifications on this version (0.9.8.296.g91f68827) when a user subscribes to one of my playlists or follows me. The application while in the dock no longer displ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is the rest of my nortifications,????

Hi there, I have 34 nortifications, but can only view 20 in the desktop version and the webplayer??? Is there another place, where I can see all my nortifications? /A

• Music Fan
  • Hi there,   I have 34 nortifications, but can only view 20 in the desktop version and the webplayer??? Is there another place, where I can see&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Artifacts in "channel ORANGE" by Frank Ocean

I'm hearing quite a few playback artifacts in "channel ORANGE" using my desktop player on Mac. I'm running OSX 10.9.2 with Spotify version 0.9.8.296 I have high quality streaming enabled and I'm plugged into ethernet with no bandwidth issues. I tried...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm hearing quite a few playback artifacts in "channel ORANGE" using my desktop player on Mac.   I'm running OSX 10.9.2 with Spotify version 0.9.8.296   I have high quality streamin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing Mac OSX

My Spotify froze while I was browsing new playlists. I "Forced Quit" after I checked and it said Spotify was not responding. Now Spotify crashes within seconds of opening everytime I launch it. I tried reinstaliing several times, still no luck. Help ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify froze while I was browsing new playlists. I "Forced Quit" after I checked and it said Spotify was not responding. Now Spotify crashes within seconds of opening everytime I launch it. I tri...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stared Songs

I'm not sure how about other users, but I hate that I recveived this automatic updated which removed my most favorite option to star the songs. This new concept is not clear and confusing. I don't mind UI updateds, Spotify tends to keep improving mos...

• I'm not sure how about other users, but I hate that I recveived this automatic updated which removed my most favorite option to star the songs. This new concept is not clear and confusing. I don't mi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

iPod mini - Mac OS X 10.9.2 can't select playlist manulally - Spotify exit unexpectedly to desktop

He's log form exits 04.05.2014 21:44:57,827 Spotify Helper[47140]: The function `CGFontSetShouldUseMulticache' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete functi...

• Casual Listener
  • He's log form exits 04.05.2014 21:44:57,827 Spotify Helper[47140]: The function `CGFontSetShouldUseMulticache' is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update. Unfortunately, this application...
  • bwx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove all playlists from spotify

Hello, I had an error with my Itunes (under MAC) and one playlist was duplicated multiple times (about 3000 times). This playlists were imported to spotify by the first time I used it. I got a solution to delete all playlists from Itunes but I still ...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I had an error with my Itunes (under MAC) and one playlist was duplicated multiple times (about 3000 times). This playlists were imported to spotify by the first time I used it. I g...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac desktop client now closes on its own.

This is on th shop (older) MacBook. Mac 10.6.8 Intel 2ghz I came into work today as normal. The Spotify client login window was open. Cleared out co-workers credentials and plugged mine in, (non-premium). It appeared to do the normal looking start up...

• Casual Listener
  • This is on th shop (older) MacBook.   Mac 10.6.8  Intel 2ghz   I came into work today as normal.  The Spotify client login window was open. Cleared out co-workers credenti...
  • rattus_tattoos
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes