Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

Solved!

remove unwanted artists from radio/release radar, "discover" playlists

recently my mothers iPad broke and I gave her mine until she git her new one. During that time she used Spotify Premium on my iPad and listened to a whole bunch of horrible music (read: music that´s not even close to what I like) and this totally messed up my Discover weekly playlists, Release Radar also a full daily playlist. Is there a way to manually remove the unwanted artists and songs she listened to so my Spotify account is not scaring me anymore when after a DnB song suddenly German Schlager kicks in?

I already went through the  followed artists lists etc....

28 Replies

It has been put in! I have this on my desktop app and on my iOS app now! Good job guys, appreciate it.

screenshot.294.jpg

It's ridiculous to me that there's no way to remove stuff from your listening history. I hope this new button works well because someone got into my account a few weeks ago and listened to a bunch of stuff I'm not into at all and now it's all over my Discover stuff. I asked the Spotify help people and they said I just have to keep listening to music and use the new "remove" button. We'll see how well that works...

On the desktop app, go to Recently Played, you can remove items there. Not sure if it has any effect, but worth a shot!

'Dislike' option not showing on my phone (iOS).

@MrDWilson wrote:

It has been put in! I have this on my desktop app and on my iOS app now! Good job guys, appreciate it.

Checked on my desktop app amd the like/dislike option is now there. Still not available on iOS for me.  Must be in testing for a select number of users.

But on a happier note the artists shown reflect my recent listening much better than previously.  I'm hoping that once the like/dislike is on my mobile I'll be able to tailor it further. 

Like/Dislike available also in the Linux desktop player, really nice to see the support. 

It's nice that the option is there but I have to parse through my Release Radar and Discover lists every time to find all the garbage that Spotify adds every week. The worst came tonight when I got an email with an artist that is the polar opposite of anything I listen too, the same one showed up on the Discover list on my home page and the first song in my release radar. It is clear that Spotify is actively spamming long time paying members to promote anyone who pays them regardless of how much time we spend curating our own tastes.

That doesn't work. I've been listening to Spotify web on my job because I am unable to download the app. It's been two weeks listening to my own playlists and music. Then when I want to listen to the discovery playlist, it recommends pure **bleep**, I wish to have the option to dislike songs because when I do so, the playlist comes with better songs I really enjoy listening. I ended up disliking more than half of one week's playlist on the app from my laptop at my home. 

Marked as solution

Hey there @caed198

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

Currently the option to like/dislike songs in Discover Weekly is only available on the Spotify desktop app. If you think other users would also like this on the web-player, you can always submit it as an idea. 

You can read more about how the idea submission process works by clicking here. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here

There is also an existing idea which suggests a change similar to the one many of you have requested here - feel free to add your vote to it here.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts