Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

using siri for Spotify on mac

Solved!

using siri for Spotify on mac

Plan

Premium

Device

MacBookPro

My Question or Issue:

please put Spotify on the Mac app Store , to allow using it with Siri assistant

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Maubald @TheNoobBot @12156383222 @mariii_mara 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

As @Peter has mentioned before, Siri support is available on iPhone, iPad, AirPlay and CarPlay. However, unfortunately, this feature is not available for macOS yet. As a workaround remember that you can still use Siri support on AirPlay.

You can head over here for more information about this.

There's also an idea about this - [Desktop][Connect] Spotify integration in Siri for MacOS Catalina. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Hey @Maubald,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this ๐Ÿ™‚

The Siri integration with Spotify is now available everywhere that Siri is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch running iOS 13 or above. You can also use voice commands with AirPlay and CarPlay.

More info can be found about this here.

If Siri is available in your country and it doesn't seem to be working correctly with Spotify, let us know and we'll see what we can suggest.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hi Peter, 
Your answer doesnt fit the request from Maubald. 

Siri ON Mac says Spotify needs to be updated, for any command. 
While using Airpods or vocal order. Look at the picture here :

ArielTaieb_0-1583253304418.png
Please provide a solution. 

I got the same problem (and same notification), can't find Spotify in the App Store on my MacBook to update and the app itself shows me that I got the most recent version.. Please help, I don't use Apple Music so I love to get Spotify working with Siri so that I can play music on my home automation (MacBook, Apple TV, etc.)...

Regards,

Jaimy

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-06 om 10.58.34.png

iOS is fine, now what about macOS that Maubald asked about?

Same problem here. It worked for a while and now it keeps asking for this update that can't be done!

I'm bumping this since this still hasn't been solved.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 2.34.55 PM.png

โ€ƒ

Having the same problem, hope this get fixed promptly.

Wrong answer. The question is referring to Mac OS. I have the same issue reported by all the people in this thread. When asked Siri to play something in Spotify, the answer is "you need to update Spotify before I can help with that". I am using Mac OS Catalina current version.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 13.01.27.png

@peter please investigate this issue again. Maubald wasn't asking about iOS. We want a fix for Spotify desktop so we can use Siri commands on our macbooks 

same problem here and Spotify is up to date

Same issue here. Asks to update Spotify but it's the newest release(I updated it from the application 2 days ago), and I can't find it in the App Store.

Also, skipping, pause, resume is available, just the "play music on Spotify" or "play {musicName} on Spotify" doesn't work

Marked as solution

Hey, @Maubald @TheNoobBot @12156383222 @mariii_mara 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

As @Peter has mentioned before, Siri support is available on iPhone, iPad, AirPlay and CarPlay. However, unfortunately, this feature is not available for macOS yet. As a workaround remember that you can still use Siri support on AirPlay.

You can head over here for more information about this.

There's also an idea about this - [Desktop][Connect] Spotify integration in Siri for MacOS Catalina. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

A similar idea has been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Connect-Spotify-integration-in-Siri-for-MacOS-Ca...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. ๐Ÿ™‚

osorniosSpotify Star

Ditto this request.

Spotify has been waiting for Siri support for how many thousands of users for how many years, why don't you try for a small change you will make. Please for god's sake hire me and let me support you for free. How many years have you been so unsuccessful? by the way spotify won't let me start a new thread so I'm posting here.

Not having Spotify for Siri is outrageous. I don't know whose responsibility it is, but it is ridicolous!

Still an issue in November 2022. I just updated and restarted so seemingly still no fix. 
Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 9.11.27 am.png

โ€ƒ

Ditto

Suggested posts