Country

USA

DevIce 

Toshiba/HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have been using Nord VPN for probably a couple of years and up until now it has been working fine, but now I am getting 403 Forbidden Error unless I log out of it. It is needed for security and privacy. I understand that Spotify does not officially support VPNs but this appears like it's actively being blocked. Does anybody else have that issue with that particular VPN provider? I checked the VPN settings in Windows and it is set to Auto.  I use a VPN for remote work too. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I also have this problem as of now. I use PIA vpn. Have had that service for a few years and never a problem.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, I also have this problem as of now. I use PIA vpn. Have had that service for a few years and never a problem.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Yep. I just had to switch providers. From what I have been reading they will actively block IP addresses of VPN to prevent those with Geo Restrictions from accessing the service in order to stay in compliance with whatever contracts they have with publishers and content providers. But that scorched earth policy is kind of bad when you consider that a vast majority Countries have Spotify available to them. I won't say what service I'm using now, but if they kill this one, I'll have to find something else.

Spotify is not working under VPN.  I'm getting 403 error. I'm using my work VPN and it's always been OK. Tried different VPN providers, same issue. 
I hope this gonna fixed soon!

Yup same here just started getting a 403 error on NORD VPN

Me too with my free Windscribe vpn extension 

Same here with both Nord and Express VPN.  Both blocked.  I tried a few other free services and those are all blocked too.

I've been getting this several times this week. It coincided with my first week using Spotify premium, so I wondered at first if that was related, but it appears to be coincidence. I've had Nord VPN for years too and occasionally have issues with various sites not allowing access, pretending I'm not connected to internet at all, pretending my login info is wrong, pretending all kinds of errors just to avoid telling my they don't like VPNs. So it's not just Nord and not just Spotify; I've heard this from people around the world with a lot of different VPNs.

The good thing is that it only happens on VPN servers that are recognized, and Nord has thousands of servers. Keep switching quick connect or try different connection options until one works undetected. It's annoying, but that's the best fix I know of apart from turning the VPN off.

Just woke up, and spotify works

Update - Seems to be working at the moment. Using different servers. Can't use Spotify connect but that's like whatever. 

I am again experiencing troubles.

Suggested posts