Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add release date to album page

Add release date to album page

Windows 10

I dont see why the iOS app has this but not the desktop. would be pretty simple so add this at the bottom along with other metadata

9 Replies

Hey @killos53

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

You should be able to see the release date from an album when you open it from the app or the web player. 

If you're still unable to see it, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm not looking for a work around im looking for a simple feature to be added in the desktop app that should be very easy to add since it is in, like you say, the browser and the app.

Hey @killos53,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you share with us the exact Spotify version that is running on your PC? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah, the precise release date has been removed in the new Version (MacOS 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a). It is shown in the overview page but there is only the release year. It's ok having only the year on the overview pageno release date on album pageno release date on album pageoverview page with release yearoverview page with release year

Hi folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

@gipsyfreedom, thanks for jumping in and for the clarification. 

@killos53, we'd recommend adding your feedback to this Feedback thread. Since the right teams are still collecting ideas on how to make the Desktop app better and more user friendly, this is the best place to post your comments. You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @killos53  @gipsyfreedom 

If you hover over the release date in the new 2021 desktop app update or the web player for several seconds, the full release date will show in a popup tooltip. They should just show the full release date by default. The tooltip is slow and small.

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HOLY COW, THANK YOU @MattSuda !!!!

@quantapixel 

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @killos53 @quantapixel @gipsyfreedom 

Good news!

In the new desktop app version 1.1.86 and the Web Player, you can now see the full release date (month, day, year) at the bottom of the release page just like you can in the mobile app. You can still hover over the year at the top of the release page as well to see the full release date.

Check out the screenshot below to see how it looks like:

releasedatedesktopapp.png

full release date hover tooltip.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts