Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After using Spotify app, the audio stops functioning on my laptop.

After using Spotify app, the audio stops functioning on my laptop.

Plan: Premium

Device: ASUS Zenbook 14 UX433FN-BP8201T Notebook (purchased in Hong Kong)

Operating System: Windows 10

My Question or Issue: I downloaded and installed the Spotify app for Windows. I like to play music through the app when I use my ASUS Zenbook 14 laptop. After I  close the Spotify app, the audio on my laptop completely stops functioning. This happens every single time I use the Spotify app for Windows. I have to restart my laptop so that the audio can function again. How do I prevent the Spotify app from disrupting the audio on my laptop each time?

2 Replies

Hey @alexwang90,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out about this here.

It'd be useful to read this support site article and follow the steps listed under 'Check the sound' (which you'll find as you scroll the page down) to see whether Spotify works properly as a result. 

You can also try and perform a clean reinstall of the app in order to start with a brand-new as well as the latest version of it. Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how the procedure works for your Windows 10 ZenBook. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know how you get on!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried those suggestions, but they haven't solved the problem. I have been trying to solve this problem for many months already. I have to restart my laptop computer every single time to restore my audio function, but it's very frustrating to do that every time after I finish using Spotify. 😕

Suggested posts