Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All songs on all playlists unavailable after update, then "Something Went Wrong" message

All songs on all playlists unavailable after update, then "Something Went Wrong" message

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Right after my Spotify Desktop updated itself this morning, every single song in every one of my playlists were disabled and couldn't be played, with a "Content not available" message if I tried to force it. I also could not see the top-level pages that normally come up when I start Spotify.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled  Spotify. Now when I log in, I get a "Something went wrong, try reloading the page" error immediately. If I quit and restart, it goes immediately to this page again. The "RELOAD PAGE" button doesn't help. The same account IS working through the IOS app.

Windows reports the version of Spotify as 1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe. I can't access the About menu in the app itself to confirm this is the version.

spotify_screenshot.png
11 Replies

Same here, Windows 11 Desktop. 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you make sure you've reinstalled the app with the steps from this article? This way we can make sure you're running a fresh installation of the app.

Are you using the Microsoft Store version of the app or the one downloaded from the Spotify site? Try switching between the two.

Also try using a different network connection to see if this brings any change, e.g. a hot spot from your phone.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I now have version 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c, and it is working again.

I have same in Mac OS desktop app running latest version.

Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c

All cache, cookies, desktop cache, reinstall procedures completed.

Works fine on Web player version

Screenshot 2022-10-08 at 14.27.38.png

Hey @dazant080477,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info shared.

We'd like to gather as many details as possible. Did you receive this error when trying to access the Home page or does it happen when trying to access other pages, like your library?

On another note, do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? You can create a hotspot from your phone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, we recommend you start by logging out and in twice in a row onto your Spotify account in the desktop app; this way the system will force a resync of the account in general.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hiya AlejaR,

The error is when I try to view just one of my playlists, can access it on Webplayer & iphone but not Desktop app. Tried Mobile hotspot & no difference. Also tried the Sync/Log-out trick but still same error. It will let me shuffle play the list in Desktop app.

Hey @dazant080477,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In that case, would you mind sending us the link to the affected playlist to see if we can replicate what you described? You can do it by following the steps in this article.

On another note, is this happening on a different computer? It'd be awesome if you could check. If possible, you can ask for the computer of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Hi AlejaR

This is the playlist share url...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2cAUb1ijBPgdnBAMrm0SlI?si=07c27110ce354423

macOS Monterey 12.6macOS MontereyReleased 12 Sep 2022

- i'm sure it has worked after this point so it could be a spotify update if more recently?

I don't have any other computers etc to test on i'm afraid.

Hey @dazant080477,

Thanks for all the info shared 🙂

In this case, it'd be awesome if you could check if this is happening on a different computer, since it'll help us to continue isolating your inconvenience. As mentioned previously and if possible, you can ask for the computer of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

On another note, we understand you already tried reinstalling the app, but, we'd like you to perform a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the desktop app. To do it, you can follow these steps:

1. Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go (on the menu bar on the top of the screen).
  3. Select Library from the drop-down menu that appears (you may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  4. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client and com.spotify.client.helper folders.
  5. Click the back arrow.
  6. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  7. Hit Command+Shift+G from your OS X desktop to bring out the Go to Folder window.
  8. Enter ~/Library/ to open Library folder.
  9. Enter “Spotify” in the search field, hit “Search: Library” and delete all files that appear there.
  10. Shut down your computer.
  11. Wait a couple minutes and then hit the Power button again to boot your device.
  12. Download and install Spotify.

Don't forget to restart your computer once you've deleted all the files. If this doesn't do the trick, once you've installed again the app, check the Spotify version again and send it to us again.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

AlejaRModerator

Hiya, thanks for all the help & suggestions but a Spotify update has fixed it, so it was Software issue after all.

Hey @dazant080477,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation!

We're super glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again Lyubka_0-1666350304400.png

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. We're always one reply away!

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts