Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

An internal exception occured

An internal exception occured

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

i have a fresh install of windows on my main c drive and it works fine but when i pluged in my other HDD ,that has never had windows installed on it and only used as data backup, and i got the error An internal exception occured (Address always changes with each error) Please content support @spotify.com .   i have done this before and still didnt work cause all i was told to do was reinstall and that doesnt help.

3 Replies

Hey there @nicormullin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd recommend making sure of the following:

• Your device's OS is updated to the latest version available
  • Your device's sound and graphic card drivers are updated
  • There's a minimum of 500MB to 1GB free space available
  • Spotify is set as an exception on any antivirus programs or firewall

On another note, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if you downloaded the app from the Windows Store or directly from here.

If you've downloaded the app from the latter, we'd recommend trying the steps below:

1. Make sure the Spotify app isn't running. If it is, exit it (Ctrl + Shift + Q).
  2. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  3. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  4. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  5. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  6. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  7. Since you mention having an additional HDD drive, search and remove any Spotify files left.
  8. Turn your device off, wait a couple minutes and turn it on again.
  9. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

My windows is completely updated along with drivers, i went and deleted anything to do with spotify and i still get the same error.

Hey there @nicormullin,

Thanks for getting up in touch.

Just to confirm, could let us know if Spotify launches with no issues when your HDD drive isn't connected on your dekstop device?

It'd be also helpful if you could share any screenshots of what you see when launching the app. Just make sure that no sensitive or private info is displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts