Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another High CPU Thread

Another High CPU Thread

I've been struggling with a high CPU utilization issue using the Spotify application for quite some time.  I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with the full installation of spotify.  For some reason, every time I start the spotify application it will use a consistent 30-50% of my CPU.  I've followed the advice of several posts and tried the following without success:

• Uninstalled Spotify
  • Removed any local %appdata% folders (both roaming / local)
  • Reinstalled full installation
  • Disabled sidebar
  • Not connected to facebook
  • Turned off public playlists, "publish my activity on Spotify", and Top Artists.
  • Turned of announcements, desktop overlay, and "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web"

After doing all of the above, I still see it jump back up to 30% the moment I open the application.

Every time I close the application the process will still appear in my task manager with 30+% CPU utilization until I forcefully kill it.

I don't have any issues with playback and it works fine on my mobile devices.  I just notice this behavior on multiple PC's that I use.  It's gotten to the point where I have to adjust priority / processor affinity to be able to use it alongside any other heavy duty applications.  

Any help would be appreciated.  I've run out of ideas and I'm unsure of how to "invalidate" my cache without assistance.  Thanks!

0 Replies

Suggested posts