Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I just want to know where the Spotify app is on my computer. Can't find it, can't put it on the desktop. It is in the Start Menu, but it will not show File Location, nor Properties. I find such behaviour to be mighty suspicious. Viruses and malware are hidden in such fashion.

THIS IS A PROGAM - IT SHOULD BE IN 'Program Files', AND NOWHERE ELSE.

There is nothing in 'Program Files', nor in 'Program Files(x86)', nor in %AppData%, nor anywhere I can find. And I know how to look. Typing it in the search box brings it up for use, but will not locate the file. Again, very suspicious.

It's in the computer, it works, BUT WHERE THE **bleep** IS IT?

I will simply delete and cancel my subscription rather than have something I can't locate roaming around in my computer - especially with the articles recently about how it damages SSD's.

WHERE IS IT?

Thank you,

e.k.

1 Reply

Hey @Abbraaxus, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Nothing to worry! If you have installed spotify from the Windows Store you can't find it because the location where apps are installed, which is under you local hard disk/solid state drive inside Program Files in WindowsApps. That folder is system protected and users aren't allowed to peek inside it.

However, Spotify does save temporary and cache files inside the AppData folder.

Also, the icon Spotify has on the start menu is just a shortcut created for Spotify therefore it doesn't have the original File Location, it will simply send you over to a folder where all start menu shortcuts are save.

There's nothing suspicious there. I'd also recommend running a local scan will your Windows Defender app or a full scan.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Suggested posts