Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

HP Omen & Lenovo Y50 gaming laptops

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify comprimises windows 10 stability if you add a source with local media. For some reason it claims the whole system memory (my 2 laptops have 16gb) after a little while. The RAM is not displayed as addressed/managed by any process, it just not appears as free RAM. The end of story is Windows getting frozen.

This has been happening for more than a year! Are you really planning to fix this? This is completely dissapointing. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Memory-leak-after-Windows-10-Creators-Update/m-p/16...

5 Replies

Hey @jtoselli, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help though.

This should have been fixed a while ago. Have you recently tried to do a reinstall to see if it helps?

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @sergiodavid, thanks!

It's still happening to me. This is my version:

1.0.87.491.ge2a121fc (Windows Store version)

I have a network drive which I access through SMB protocol that has like 60gb of MP3 files. After a while, somehow my whole free RAM dissappears (16gb) and no process looks like to be consuming it. The story ends with Windows getting frozen. The story also ends if I remove my local media folders from Spotify configuration.

I can confirm this is happening to me when using the Microsoft/Windows Store edition of spotify.

The win32 edition (downloaded from https://download.scdn.co/SpotifySetup.exe) does not have this issue.

Same version as me

Hi there, 

If you haven't already tried re-installing you should see if your Spotify app is on the latest update and also if your device is on the latest update. It may help.

If this helped you do you have a second to check out my SPOTIFice playlist! spotify:user:casper_k12:playlist:2d1FC8wnJ4NNHInybgl4y1

Suggested posts