Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Stutter

Solved!

Audio Stutter

I use the desktop app on windows 10 and recently the audio would stutter every couple seconds while playing songs, this has been happening for at least a week now. The issue isn't as bad but still is there in the webplayer.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turns out it was because my gpu couldn't power both monitors therefore causing a global stutter.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello there!

Just to clarify, are you using wireless headphones? (eg: Bluetooth)

To add onto the discussion are you using a wireless internet connection or wired? 

Have you tried these steps?

1. Resetting sound device settings, and trying various stample rates and bit-depths

2. Toggling off Hardware Acceleration

3. Toggling off Play all songs at same volume

4.  High quality streaming

If it's wireless have you tried turning Wi-Fi optimisation on/off?

I have been having this exact same issue but I just thought it was my bluetooth speaker getting old and glitching out. I listed on the desktop app with my both my bluetooth speaker and my computer speakers over wifi. This has been happening to me for a few months now and I've checked my audio on my computer and that wasn't the problem.

Follow me

I am using wired headphones, and I have tried all three.

Marked as solution

Turns out it was because my gpu couldn't power both monitors therefore causing a global stutter.

Well that's good that you figured out what it was. I'm using my laptop and it just started a few months ago. Maybe I have something going on internally as well.

Follow me

Hmmm...didn't solve the problem for me. 

Come on Spotify - step up and solve what appears to be a consistent problem for your users.

Had similar issue and it was driving me nuts for weeks if not months.

What helped me with the issue was to identify which other program is causing CPU spikes. In my case was virtual environment application. Have modified CPU affinity for both processes (virt app and spotify) to run on separate cores. This helped a great deal. The downside is, the CPU affinity have to be re-set each time applications restarts.

Hope it helps!

happening to me too 😞 but only on youtube

Suggested posts