Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Organising Playlists??

Organising Playlists??

I've had Spotify Premium for a few years now, and used Albums as Playlists so that they appear like an Album list at the side for easy access.

I now have hundreds of albums, sometimes dupilcate or triplicate! and wanted to know the best way of organising! These are in no order and its a mess after 5/6 years!

Is it easy to go through and see/delete copies of albums and rearrange into folders? or something called 'collections'? (I don't know this feature)

Whats the easiest way to start again and sort all of my music?
There maybe a way I haven't heard of, thats much easier than what i am currently doing?
Thanks for any help.

3 Replies

Hey @paulc07

Yes, Spotify has a feature called Playlist Folders. It is a very useful feature since you can even create folders within folders and dragging playlists from one folder to another is also possible.

You need a desktop client to create and edit folders. You can see your folders in mobile clients, but not in the web player.

Your playlists will appear in a tiled view under the folder. You can also play and shuffle the entire folder!

The only thing I've noticed is when you're about to delete a playlist folder, you alse delete the contents in it. If you do not want to delete playlists, you'll have to move them out of the folder in question.

Unfortunately I don't know any easier methods on how to sort the playlists fast, but hopefully the playlist folders will help you 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!

Is there a way to open 2 x Spotify pages of the same account so I can drag drop between them? and sort this way?

@paulc07

No, I don't think it's possible to open 2 instances of Spotify. It would be super useful for this (like Windows Explorer), but Spotify doesn't do that.

I checked around and there is an inactive idea about this.
EDIT: I checked more and found a better idea that would be very useful for you - being able to select multiple playlists for dragging/dropping. Here is the idea, feel free to leave feedback and kudos to this!
It would essentially allow users to do what is possible with songs in playlists/albums.

I guess it would be useful to figure out how you want to sort your playlists and then follow the plan. Then, if you want to create subfolders, you can do it some other time when the basic sorting has been done.
I can't imagine how many playlists you really have there 🙂 but I can just recommend that.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts