Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay Repeating First Five Songs

Solved!

Autoplay Repeating First Five Songs

For the past several days, maybe a week, Autoplay has been repeating the first five songs in the queue. Clicking on one of those tracks highlights both copies of the song in the queue, and tapping the Delete key removes both copies from the queue.

Plan: Premium

Device: PC

Operating System: Windows 10

Spotify Autoplay Repeating Five Songs.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @KenricAshe,

Thanks for the update!
Do you remember if you've downloaded the Spotify app from our website or from the Microsoft app store? There is a slight difference between the two.
We'd advise performing a complete clean reinstall of the app, during which it's best to download the version of the app that you are now not currently using.
If downloaded from the MS Store - try the one from our website instead and vice versa.

Let us know if that makes any difference.
We'll be on the lookout for your response!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @KenricAshe!

Does this occur with specific playlists or with all playlists / albums in general? You mentioned that removing one of the tracks also causes the other one to be removed. Does fully playing one of the songs cause the other copy to disappear from the queue as well?

If you haven't already, try restoring the app's settings to the default by deleting the prefs file and the Users folder found in Spotify's installation folder. Just follow these steps:

1. Fully close the Spotify app (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager) and go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\.
  2. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  3. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  4. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library, however, will not be affected, so no worries there.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It happens with every album or playlist I've tested so far. Deleting prefs and Users, then manually adjusting my settings back to Autoplay, did not resolve the issue.

Marked as solution

Hey @KenricAshe,

Thanks for the update!
Do you remember if you've downloaded the Spotify app from our website or from the Microsoft app store? There is a slight difference between the two.
We'd advise performing a complete clean reinstall of the app, during which it's best to download the version of the app that you are now not currently using.
If downloaded from the MS Store - try the one from our website instead and vice versa.

Let us know if that makes any difference.
We'll be on the lookout for your response!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I never use Microsoft's app store. Why are there two different versions? Seems like a pain for support.

I did the complete clean uninstall then installed from MS store.

And it is still repeating the first five autoplay songs.

Surely I'm not the only one using the Windows 10 app, so either I'm the only one that's reported this bug so far or ... what possible reason could there be for this behavior only happening with my specific installation?

Hey @KenricAshe,

Thanks for giving us more details about this. 

In this case, could you update the app and tell us if the issue still persists on your end?

We'll be here waiting for your next reply. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I was already running the latest update freshly installed from the MS Store.

As a test to make sure it wasn't related to server data for my account, I installed via the downloaded .exe in VirtualBox (Windows 10 guest on my Linux laptop) with all the same app settings and Autoplay was fine.

Went back to my HTPC, did yet another clean reinstall, this time back to the .exe version again, and finally Autoplay is back to normal.

I guess we'll never know why it went haywire, but happy that it's fixed and fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.

Hi again @KenricAshe,

We're glad to know that it is working as it should. 

Remember the Community is here in case anything else comes up. 

Have a great weekend! 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Plan premium

Free/Premium

Country usa

Device imac with ox 12.6

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue  im a music remixer who uses spotify to get new songs to remix.

ive created 3 playlists with 25 of the type of songs i want to hear- autoplay enabled. yet spotify keeps playing the same songs, not on my playlists, over & over again- including songs ive clicked the - button on (delete)  ive also signed out & reinstalled spotify, but i still keep hearing the same autoplay songs

how do i get spotify to play more of their millions of songs & not the same 25 over & over

Suggested posts