Free

Country

UK

Device

HP Envy

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I turn on my laptop and open Spotify -> works fine. 

However, if I then open Spotify again (either with/without closing the first instance of Spotify) then it hangs on a black screen with the 'three white dots' button top left and will not load past it.

I have re-installed (fresh install - I cleared the AppData folders) Spotify from the latest download link numerous time; each time it successfully opens on the first time but then the same thing happens.

It is not an issue with my laptop firmware as it successfully opens the first few times. 

How can I fix this so that I can open Spotify without having to re-install if I need to open it on more than one occassion per session?

5 Replies

Hey @samgould1, Welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the … top left corner, inside the View tab find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey @Loxer, thanks for the reply.

I tried this - but after restarting Spotify I have the same black screen (with the ... visible top left). What else can I try?

Any help, Spotify?? Your app is currently unusable on my PC...

Hey @samgould1,

Could you try to create another user account in your PC and install Spotify there?

Does it help if you try another internet connection?

Please let me know 🙂

I will not create a new User as that seems like overkill. I have never used another User on this PC and Spotify has always worked fine until this week.

A different wifi network didn't help, same issue.

Suggested posts