Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Playlist Radio

Bring Back Playlist Radio

Playlist Radio is the remaining feature I pay for. Without it I'm not going to use Spotify. 90% of my Spotify listening is shuffled offline playlists on mobile or playlist radio on wifi.

I'm a premium user and have been for years. Almost since launch in my country

Spotify was great but now it's desparately trying to steer my listening for me.

I don't want "recommended for me", "Daily Mix", "Discover Weekly" or "Release Radar"

I don't use any of the categories in Browse or Home.

I pick the artists to follow, I hear about their new releases. Great. Don't guess for me. Except that feature doesn't work reliably.

I can't interface spotify with my own music collection because it still can't read local flac files. We were told that "feature" was coming nearly a decade ago.

The send feature has gone along with my inbox, there are now gems I was sent and can't find again. As well as songs I've sent to other people neither of us can remember.

I'm paying £5 a month through NUS for convinience and without playlist radio. I have no reason to pay for Spotify at all.

6 Replies

Totally agree!

Thanks!

I agree also.  Song and Album Radio Playlists were great.  They bring so much more music that I wouldn't think of playing, and available offline.  Too bad it only lasted a month or so.

I completely agree with this sentiment. While I'm sure this was expensive to run, personalized features such as this one are crucial to the Spotify experience.

I will be watching for this feature to return, but without it I don't see a reason not to switch to Apple Music since all of my hardware and software is powered by them.

This may be good I can finally say 'Siri play _____'.

@spidermagicat  schrieb:

I can't interface spotify with my own music collection because it still can't read local flac files. We were told that "feature" was coming nearly a decade ago.

You might consider converting your FLAC music collection to ALAC with a free tool, because Spotify's desktop app supports local playback of M4A files with ALAC on Windows 10. Don't know about their mobile apps though.

I'm not going to use a proprietry format just for spotify's sake. I have
other devices which won't work with apple formats.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

ALAC is open source since 2011, see e.g. Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lossless

More important is support on your hardware devices of course.

Suggested posts