Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue:   Is there a way to bulk move playlist to a folder? I know how to move one playlist at a time.  I thought maybe there is a Spotify folder I can do this in.

Thanks

7 Replies

Hey there @Wardco,

thanks for posting in the community !

I really want to help but struggling a bit with understanding what you mean exactly.

Reply back to  the post and i'll do my best to help 😃

I realise this is a few months old now but it's pretty clear I think:

- Desktop app (not mobile - no sane person attempts to manage playlists on the mobile app, its awful at it)
- Imagine you have a sidebar with say 200 playlists.
- Imagine you want to organise them
- You create a folder, say.... "Work Playlists" and want to move 30 of those 200 playlists into that folder.

Current (horrible) way of doing it:
- Drag each playlist one by one uuuup the sidebar, hoping the scroll bar doesnt freakout on you and shoot you past your new folder.
- Drop the playlist
- Find the next one in your big long list
- Repeat the above.

If you use Spotify in a serious way you'll get how horribly frustrating playlist management is.

Desired Action:
- Click 'Manage Playlists' somewhere
- Create the new folder
- Check the boxes next to each playlist you want to move
- From an 'Actions' dropdown, go to "Move to..." which when you hover over shows a list of folders.

Given you guys seem to only employ 1 part time developer these days I'm going to assume much like every other suggestion on the forums that this will never happen.

Good sensible observation, thank you, I would like the same functionality you suggested, makes perfect sense! Also, once you move a playlist into a folder, and later want to move it to a different folder... good luck with that (impossible)!! Music library management in Spotify is like using something from the late 90's (and that's being kind).

Hey everyone, thanks for your posts on this! I'd recommend creating an idea here if this is something you'd like to see implemented in Spotify in the future. I notice similar ideas have been posted in the past but did not gain too much traction and are currently inactive, so it could be worth a try!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Wardco, @RickM and @peterzed,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community!

As @dinomight mentioned, the best place to add your feedback or suggest a new feature is our Ideas Exchange.

In this case, the option to select and move multiple playlists at once has already been suggested here - we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback there to show your support.

If you're curious about how your feedback reaches Spotify, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Hope this is info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Why bother? you dont listen to the community at all and just copy/paste the same "Hey go click upvote on this 10 year old issue", like its going to have any kind of impact.

This is kind of hilarious since going to that link results in an Access Denied.
i.e. posting this here was actually the correct thing to do...

I found a sort-of hack for this:
1. This only works if the playlists you want to move have a shared keyword
2. Do a general search for e.g. "Chill"
3. In the search results go to playlists and all _your_ chill playlists should show up first'ish.
4. Drag any playlists you want over to the playlist folder

Suggested posts